Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Interesting Tonneau

truck2.jpg

This pic was sent to me by Jeff (CEO) at Superbumper - it's a customer's truck sporting the superbumper (has ball hitch instead of plain pipe). I thought the cover looked interesting...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Those bumper things are really cool, may have to get one for my mom and gf. Anyway, I've seen those covers before, can't remember who makes them though. There's one on medium blue/canary yellow 79 short bed and the cover was paint matched...very tastefully done I might add. Except where the one in the pic says F-O-R-D, the one here has a blue oval.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Yeah I dont really like covers, but that one's kinda got my attention
They COULD modernize it. Maybe a couple bumps at the front . . . maybe more rounded . . . maybe curves out to a . . . SPOILER. :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yucko-- I think that cover is ugly.

On that truck in that color, I 100% agree. However, if it would stay in the 70's where it should on a 70's Ford with paint matched color, it looks pretty decent.

I just got mine in the mail lol. They're pretty basic looking but the concept is definitely worthy...

Sweet...so what are you gonna try it out on first? Cuz you know you are. Start small...maybe bumper to a wall, then maybe to a tree and gradually work your way up to something expensive. I expect a full report.

On that truck in that color, I 100% agree. However, if it would stay in the 70's where it should on a 70's Ford with paint matched color, it looks pretty decent.

Sweet...so what are you gonna try it out on first? Cuz you know you are. Start small...maybe bumper to a wall, then maybe to a tree and gradually work your way up to something expensive. I expect a full report.

Well, I should put them on ol Blue because the bumper isn't painted, but I cant stand the thought of bumping into a wall or dumpster and messing up her grill (probably won't happen I know) so will probably try them out on the '05 lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ask to borrow a buddy's truck for the afternoon....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Smart buddies

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Mind if I borrow one of your trucks? :wasntme:

Tell ya what...you make the drive and I'll let you put em on Thunder. But then you'd have to be willing to push Thunder around cuz the engine went boom.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dubbya Tee Eff... why the engine go Boom?

Not actually boom...just spun a bearing and busted wrist pin. Gonna get on that this summer.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts