Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I Got Clear Corners!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So I got clear corner lenses. What do you guys think?

DSC00738-1.jpg

Okay FINE! I didn't get clear corners :D It's photoshoppped. Here's the orig:

DSC00738-small.jpg

I was curious what my truck would look like with clear corners. What do you guys think? I'm not sure if I like it....

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
if you can do that how come you can't tell me how to switch colors so i can just change the shades of white on my truck to grabber green and see what it looks like?!?!?!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
It would be pretty time consuming for me to paint your whole truck grabber green, but I suppose I could give it a go :)

For that first attempt at photoshopping clear corners I actually used images of actual clear corner lights and cropped and chopped them:
659d_1.JPG
687d_1.JPG

Believe it or not those are the actual images I used. I had to warp the dimensions of the lights a bit to make it match the angle of my truck. Well... It took me a really long time to go that route and then I realized... I could just take that orig picture of my truck, crop the headlight assemblies into their own layers and then DESATURATE those layers (remove all color). Did that and played with the brightness and heres what I came up with:

DSC00738desaturate.jpg

The latter method took me all of about 6 minutes... First one took about 30 :headbang: They both look pretty damned good.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'm not a fan of clear corners, generally, though I do like them on light-colored trucks of that generation better than many other applications.

My issue is that with the clears, you're truck seems to be lacking something...white paint, clear lights, chrome- nothing with any color. Go find a guy who can still do a real pinstripe...

i'm with JD partly...normally no but on a white truck..i like it. keeps lines clean. i wouldnt put amber roof lites on a white truck.
i'd do it

Last edited:
it's not white.....it's clear. drunk at 1038 am. jezz R

think it looks sweet skan, been thinkin about clear corners myself, how ever a nice silver or maybe grabber green pinstripe might look pretty sweet too.

andym

Real men are fanatics
Never been a fan of them myself, but you should do what you like, not what others like.

Curious why you black out your license plate? You know that people can see it clearly when they see your truck in person, right? :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Is your front bumper like a wet noodle that it has the droops again? :rolleyes:

DSC00738desaturate.jpg
That's an old picture from before I straightened it :p

andym said:
Curious why you black out your license plate? You know that people can see it clearly when they see your truck in person, right?
Ehh. I never used to black it out before I came here but the guys convinced me it was a good idea... Say I piss someone off on these forums (much more likely than me pissing someone off in person). They could potentially find where I live and freakin kill me or something. Lotsa weirdo's our there....

andym

Real men are fanatics
Maybe if you'd stop being such a jackass on here you wouldn't have to worry about it. smilietease

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts