Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

how well do you stick to changing oil after 3 months

how often do you change your oil

• 3,000 miles, i drive often/far (5k if that's how you roll)

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • 3 months, on the dot

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • i just keep adding oil b/c it leaks so bad

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 3+ months, when i get around to it

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
No it aint I do it all the time in the 85 and that has 31s on it. I also had a 87 that had a six and four speed with the same gears and it would squeal the tires in 2nd no problem.

What rear end gearing? With 3.05 you aint...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Its got 3.50s and itll pull a heavy trailer with them gears to boot.

Word from the wise...never go with bigger tires with 3.55's...well I guess you could say that with any gearing, but geezus...I'm fighting the 3.55vs35" battle right now. The Bronco has 3.55's and 35" tires...drops my effective ratio down to a 3.04, terrible off the line, but once it gets going she's alright.

Word from the wise...never go with bigger tires with 3.55's...well I guess you could say that with any gearing, but geezus...I'm fighting the 3.55vs35" battle right now. The Bronco has 3.55's and 35" tires...drops my effective ratio down to a 3.04, terrible off the line, but once it gets going she's alright.
we're also talking about tires/gears on the 300-6. for me, i think bigger tires will help. my 1st gear is way too low, but 2nd is too high. bigger tires will raise 1st up a little bit to make it more tolerable and less jerky
(wow, this is off topic)

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah that 87 I had was the same setup as my 85 but it was 2x4 and had a 6 in it. That thing would squeal tires in second and I wouldnt even try to do it. I would swap em out to 3.50s and call er good itll give ya a ton of tourqe and youll be able to start in second.

we're also talking about tires/gears on the 300-6. for me, i think bigger tires will help. my 1st gear is way too low, but 2nd is too high. bigger tires will raise 1st up a little bit to make it more tolerable and less jerky
(wow, this is off topic)

Yeah, 31"s were much better than the stock 235s that were on it a long time ago. Upgrading to different gears (~$1400 for 3.73 or 4.10 F&R) might be a good idea. ;)

racsan

4xford
personally i like the 3.73 ratio, good off the line, and still not too high on highway rpms to be effecent for a daily driver. never drove a 300 with 4.10's but have drove a '71 bronco 302 and a '77 F250 400 with 4.10's good "work" gear, but a little high on the rpm's at highway speed. (this is all on stock-size rubber, rules change with bigger tires of course!)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
But a 460 will whomp a 390 any day...haha...sad to say, a stock 390 will whomp a stock 400 though...but gimme a bidget for each and I'll switch that around.

For the record, as long as we're talking gears...I never willingly let anything lower than a 4.10 in my rigs...and if it is, swap out asap. I'm all for getting max power to the ground. 4.56's FTW in a truck with 35ish" tires...and 4.88's if you go to a 38ish" tire...and 4.10's for anything under a 35" tire.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I got 4.10's on mine with 36's, runs good, could use the 4.56's tho. Its got plenty of power, and it does like 80 on the highway lol. But im not puttin gears in it, caus I do use the stock tires some of the year, for like run around stuff and longer drives.

I doubt a six could have pulled my 72 today even with a turbo.

My boat gets pulled with my pickup. It was kinda scary but the 63 Tbird that we are restoring was towed here with it. That was probably 8000lbs. Car + trailer. ;)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts