Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How To get Power From a 302...

Here's my old 302
DSCN4352.jpg

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
where is the new one :) i wanna see

KdPate

After Hours Garage
It might last. Best bet is to get it freshened up with the blue clutches and heavier steels or just swap a C6 in it.

Do Y'all think my AOD will last? Everyones been tellin' me that it will go out when I get the new motor in. I do plan on putting a cooler on it.
The AOD will be fine with a shift kit, it's not HP that kills a trans it's TQ, and short of putting a blower on the motor it won't make enough TQ to hurt it.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
The AOD will be fine with a shift kit, it's not HP that kills a trans it's TQ, and short of putting a blower on the motor it won't make enough TQ to hurt it.

a friend of mine with a similair setup as mine but with better heads in an F150 crew cab.. blew 2 aod's [confused]

Yes big trucks are much heavier and are therefore harder on transmissions, but it also depends upon the vehicle gearing and tire size, and the vintage of the trans. There were a lot of updates applied to the later versions that made them much stronger while an '80's version is really only good for an all stock regular cab 2wd pickup.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts