Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How the heck.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Well i guess my trucks been messed with over the years, because my battery cable was bolted on to the solenoid, so I need to run two cables one from the bat to the solenoid and one from the alternator to the battery..

Tex,

There was absoulutely nothing wrong with the way your truck was previously wired. Just add a cable from the battery side of the solenoid to the alternator.

In your original picture, leave the Red battery cable hooked from the battery to the solenoid, then the New Black cable you bought leads from were it is hooked to the battery side of the solenoid directly to the alternator. Anything hooked to the battery side of the solenoid is electrically hooked to the battery & altenator.
This is exactly what Lee has in the picture he posted.

So I are all maxi fuses the same?
All "Maxi" fuses are physically the same size, but only go to a maximum of 100A. You need a "Mega" fuse & holder as these are rated up to 250A
www.vteworld.com/content/electromech/fuse/html/mega/megafuse.php

www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d342.html

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Thanks for all the help boss man, and i'm going to rewire it just like Lee when I say Lee's I just went'smiliedoh' bastard!
Well I hope I dont have a melt down cuz i'm gonna have to drive it while the fuse gets here..
I guess I should get a 200 amp fuse I dont think i'll ever max this thing out.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
OK, snapped a pic.

You're wired correctly, but you need to get a Maxi fuse in there. If that big 3g ever faulters and goes full field a fire won't be far behind!

Here's what mine looks like. (complete with Optima battery, red top though, not yellow)
001-11.jpg

Hey Lee, what wiring harness kit did you use on your truck?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yes Tex, you could go direct to the battery.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts