Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hi there!

korg70kbc

California Chapter member
Hello everyone! I found this site thru yahoo browser trying to get a fuse panel diagram.
I'm a female who LOVES her truck!!! I have a decent mechanic, but when it comes to electrical, he suggests a new harness!
I am one of those 'hard headed-stubborn females' (LOL) that refuses to be told I haven't a clue. Well, I think I found the problem with my electrical. Some idiot, besides the company who installed my alarm & stereo, My wiring under the dash had been cut & sliced & there's crap going to nowhere & wires spliced together with the wrong gauge wire & wires cut & put back together with electrical tape!!!! No wonder I have issues.
So, being stubborn, I'm going to fix it myself.
So, I will be sending pics to the appropriate areas for some help!smiliestirthepot
I hope to learn a lot from u guys, if your willing. If not, I'll just read.....

Thanks for letting me in
Lauriesmiliestirthepot

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Welcome aboard and stick around you'll learn to love it, or you'll just forget how to get out like some of us did!

ON edit: check the Certified Tech Forum. They will help you out bestess!:)

Welcome aboard. We are glad to have you. I do not know much at all about electrical issues, but there are quite a few around here who do.

I do know one thing though, I have seen hundreds of issues involving alarm systems that were installed badly. You are not alone there.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Welcome to FTF!

What kind of truck are you workin' with?

bobf100

Hey Laurie - welcome to the site we're glad you joined. There are a few other gals that regularly post and I'm sure they will be along shortly to say hi. :welcome:

korg70kbc

Hi Guys

Well, I have some pics on webshots, let's see if the link works.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/78593649CmkBCB?vhost=rides

These are from when I first bought it. smilieFordlogo

So, who do I send pics of the electrical too? I'm going crazy. I've replaced, batteries; 2X's!!, starter, alternator, cables & god only knows what else I've paid for that I didn't need. My mechanic & I just got into it, actually, his loser son, over the fact that the battery light goes on & off ever since I had to replace the alternator he said I didn't need & I got stuck in El Dorado Hills needing a new one, At a huge price!! , & have been stuck in various places since, because he put this yellow 'battery protectant' on that MADE the light come on & I got stuck In Colfax for 2 days trying to get the crap off since it KILLED the batteries! He says NO, BS!!!!! I got the stuff off once I got some wire brushes, & taped the cables that had slices in them & they showed copper!!! My brother & I had a little talk about removing tools & tape from the truck. The 'mechanic' said everything was fine, until I backed out the light came on & he then retested it & said it was the alternator!!! I wanted to choke him!!:guns: He has gotten me stranded on more then 1 occasion.:headbang: Hence, this is the reason I only deal with his dad. Who is (boohoo) on vacation. He told me to replace the harness. IDIOT!!!
I had the alarm taken out, I have issues with them since they LITERALLY RIPPED IT OUT!!! I have wires hanging everywhere in contact with metal. I can't trust mechanics around here, they have on more then 1 occasion tried to tell me things had to be replaced at a HUGE $$$$$. They didn't know I'm not that stupid!! They didn't charge me for 'diagnostics' when they realized I knew they were trying to rape me!!!
I NEED to know what the hell I'm looking at! Not to mention, underneath, I found some questionable things that NEED to be fixed, once I know exactly what they are. Anywhere I can get schematics on this truck?
Its a 1999 F250 4WD Super Duty Lariet 7.3 powerstroke! I think that's how its worded, PLEASE, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, enough babbeling, I need help obviously.....
Thanks,
Lauriesmiliebeenripped

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Its not a matter of sending the pics anywhere post them in this thread or another and let us all take a look at them. There is a huge wealth of knowledge amongst the members of this forum, we all have our areas of expertise though most of us our at least competent in all areas.

welcome aboard

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Laurie you're going to have to host your pictures either in your gallery here at FTF, or on a third party site like Photobucket.com or Imageshack.us

Once you've hosted them, you need to get the link to the picture that ends in .jpg (ie, http://www.photobucket.com/picture.jpg)

Bring that link over to this thread and wrap it in tags like this:

[PLAIN][img]http://www.photobucket.com/picture.jpg[/PLAIN]

Hmmm... El Dorado hills and Colfax you say? Sounds to me like you're from NorCal. Whereabouts are you?

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hey welcome to the site! im sure you'll find what your looking for. make yourself at home and watch out for the commies and hippies! (carl and chris)

korg70kbc

I'm in Pollock Pines! U know where that is cuz I c u r in Davis & Newcastle.
ok, on the pics, do havehem out there, do I REALLY want everyone to see me? Not all pics out there are...lets say....decent.

Ok, I c this pic worked. That is my son at the Fghatconct b h e oversea to Germany. I'm aproud mom of a rmy soldier!!!!!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts