Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hi there!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm in Pollock Pines! U know where that is cuz I c u r in Davis & Newcastle.
ok, on the pics, do havehem out there, do I REALLY want everyone to see me? Not all pics out there are...lets say....decent.
Hmmm... You're a ways away from me, a little over an hour from either Davis or Newcastle... Not way too far but certainly too far to drive a truck with wires that are grounding to the chassis at random...

I'm not too shabby with electrical stuff and I know there's other guys here that are damned good with it. Post up some pics of what we're dealing with and we'll go from there.

Oh and join the California Chapter! There's a link to join in my signature YelloThumbUp

korg70kbc

California Chapter member
I thought I already joined But I will again. I posted some pics on webshots, but my computer is pissing me off at the moment. I can't put discriptions on the pics.
where can I find pics of the under carriage of the truck? THis way I can learn the parts & not do the typical 'thingy' type description.

The last picture in that webshots is your sway bar (or anti-sway bar-if you want to be technical). The part that bolts to the frame I think is called the end link.

korg70kbc

California Chapter member
ok, great, thats what I figured, but, what is the 'elbow' area? It is totally warped. I have to get the pic that shows the one thats not screwed up. What does it do exactly? I've heard a noise from that area for a while, but nobody was able to tell me what it was. I found it the other night while crawling around under the vehicle checking the electrical. Which, I found lots of 'connections' not connected!!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
upl9057018166.jpg

There's supposed to be a rubber bushing in there. Metal on metal contact in your suspension = not good. Get a sway bar bushing and your noise will go away.

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
welcome to the site. My wife(littlesunray ) will be glad to have another female on here to chat with. i will guide her to this thread and she will post up soon. post up often

by the way nice truck, good luck with electric problem

LITTLESUNRAY

Pennsylvania Chapter Member
Hello there and welcome aboard, like many have said you will come to find that there is many of us that will try and help you out with problems with your questions on your truck. And like Mike(ameritaz3038) said it will be nice to have another female on here to chatt with lol. there is not many of us ladies on here yet but slowly but surly there is more ladies coming on here. Some of the guys on here are funny though, glad you did find this site and hope that you find the answers you need about your truck. well take care. hope to hear from ya from time to time.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Hi Laurie, welcome!

I hate it when wiring is all hacked up like that. The advice you got re: replace the harness, is probably what I'd do. It's a lot easier on my patience to start fresh sometimes.

Or if you really want to do it yourself: It shouldn't be too hard to find a wiring schematic in one of the shop manuals. Either ebay or your local parts house should be able to fix you up. Ford changed wiring color codes so often you need the one specific to your pickup's year of manuf.

I answer tech questions in the tech forums :)

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Welcome .. I'm Lost and my wife is Ann Found.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Sorry for the late welcome to a felow Diesel Driver. :) Hope to hear you get the electrical taken care of. I DO know how aggrivating it can be. BTW- before anyone else bothers, I'm the one that blew a 6.0L apart. Yeah, I'm in a 2006 F-250 with a 2004 engine. And yeah, it WAS fun for a while.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts