Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hey, we need PIX too!

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
This

LisaKR1.jpg

which got turned into this

GTGZ71.jpg

I know, I know.....

SATAN has invaded our board, guys

And it's wearing a BOWTIE!:fan: :icon_mecker: :box2: :toilet:

Fellro

Staff member
Mine's not as pretty but it does what I need it to... then the red one is Cummins powered, replaced a tired 460.

Attachments

• 86 F250.jpg
  • 92 F350 2.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
I guess I can show one to rival Terry's beast, this one is a future project...

Attachments

• 77 Ford 002.jpg
Last edited:
Mine's not as pretty but it does what I need it to... then the red one is Cummins powered, replaced a tired 460.
Hey I like the red one too! Does that flatbed dump, too?

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
SATAN has invaded our board, guys

And it's wearing a BOWTIE!:fan: :icon_mecker: :toilet:

Now now now......it isn't THAT hard to fix. All he has to do is unscrew the radiator cap, tow the chevy away, drive a Ford underneath it, and replace the radiator cap, and it'll be ok again :D

Gunner

I think I'd win that drag race! Mine gets driven! :blah:
Yeah but much more of this cold weather and you're gonna run out of hay & Oats...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Now now now......it isn't THAT hard to fix. All he has to do is unscrew the radiator cap, tow the chevy away, drive a Ford underneath it, and replace the radiator cap, and it'll be ok again :D

Gunner

:rofl: :rofl: Cute. Not half as amusing as the Sales Manager of a Chevy Dealership rolling into the office behind the wheel of a King Ranch. Still have three Blue-Ovals in the driveway at home though. YelloThumbUp

Fellro

Staff member
I think I'd win that drag race! Mine gets driven! :blah:

You might, for some darn reason, it won't fuel the carb, I'm starting to think it's in the carb itself. Overheated like crazy too... but for $200, and you can see most of the rust, which is the box, other than the banged up fender from a deer hit. Pretty clean for the age.
Tom, I wish I had a dump body, but not yet, It is an old Morton Buildings crew truck...

You might, for some darn reason, it won't fuel the carb, I'm starting to think it's in the carb itself. Overheated like crazy too... but for $200, and you can see most of the rust, which is the box, other than the banged up fender from a deer hit. Pretty clean for the age.
Tom, I wish I had a dump body, but not yet, It is an old Morton Buildings crew truck...
Is that a 460 in that one?

It may just BE the carb, after a fashion.

The carb inlet unthreads. If you take it out and blow it out from the carb side onto a clean white cloth or paper towel you're likely to see some black particles come out... maybe even flakes. Those holes in that thing are very tiny and clog easily. but just cleaning or replacing won't solve the real problem: your rubber hoses are disintegrating. from the inside out. Replace every inch you can get to and use nitrile line or metal. The recent reformulations of fuel cause the rubber to do this, especially hydrolized fuel and ethanol-enriched fuel.

Fellro

Staff member
Close, it's a 400, 2bbl. It has a clear filter, which doesn't seem to get much in it, then the hose to it has been replaced, but if it is being blocked going into the carb, that would make sense. The truck also suffers from electrical gremlins in the dash, as well as the dreaded brake gremlins... Main thing it has going for it is the condition of the sheet metal...

I wouldn't hesitate to think it's the same garbage I went thru lol. I went thru the pump, filters, tank selector, etc etc and FINALLY thought to check the carb inlet. Have you checked in the fuel bowl to make sure the needle valve/float mechanism isn't stuck?

Fellro

Staff member
Not lately, haven't worried about it as much since I got the diesel. It ran when I brought it back from South Dakota a year or so ago, but died while going on the trailer, and hasn't been real reliable about it. It's too damned cold to dink with it now, but I haven't really done a thing with the carb. It would run if I dumped gas down the carb though, so it probably is the carb, either junk in it or needle/float issues, or such. It will likely get worked on later this spring, as it has the real high rear axle, 3.07, which is good for economy, sucks for towing power, but I want something I can run that can haul things but not break the bank doing it. Unfortunately, my diesel is geared too low to be efficient, but it does haul the loads I put on it... Had thoughts of dropping a diesel into this 77...

Wanted to add to the Pics Collection, so. . .

For those of you who haven't seen the Lil' Green Dually. . .
NewRimPic3.jpg

And one that shows how different my wife and my tastes are (And apparently, nicknaming her taste "The Speed-bump" is only funny to me). At least we both like green!
DSC_0195.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts