Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

headlights... idea

I've done a lot more to the truck than I listed, I just can't remember it all. So many little things that just "occured" out of necessity or convienence. Some of the projects were harder than others, and most of the stupid-simple ones I don't really document or care about. They just become part of the truck and I never think about it again.

The 4-wheel ABS was probably the most difficult - trying different actuators to get the pulsing and pressure correct by exchange because I didn't have the access or time to gain access to the controller modules. It's a GM unit off a huge-arse suburban, with a seperate ABS module that's not part of the GM ECM. That made life reasonably easy. I'm back to RABS as the moment only because the GM unit died and I don't have the cash to replace it and haven't found a known good one in the junkyards I frequent as of yet. I have to admit as much as I dislike ABS for most things, I did like it a lot when heavily loaded in the crewcab. I really did. I hate it on cars though. *I* like to pulse my own brakes, but that's another discussion for another time, requiring steaks and beers.

When I eventually repaint the truck with "durabak" front to back, the "ford" lettering on the tailgate will be covered with new sheetmetal, and "frankenford" will be in it's place. I haven't figured out how to stamp the letters into the new skin, at least not without tremendous work. I owe this idea to "TJC Transport" on the "other" site.

Most of the above list would have been done by now if I weren't out of work for the past three years.

Last edited:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
When I eventually repaint the truck with "durabak" front to back, the "ford" lettering on the tailgate will be covered with new sheetmetal, and "frankenford" will be in it's place.

MAJOR REP POINTS!!!

haha

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts