Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

headlights... idea

Michigan
thats why i like trucks, i think our 150's are a pain in the ass. Where the filter is located when you take it off oil goes all over the front axle... Kinda tough to put on as well but easy the rest of the time. My dads is simple other than the weight of the filter and the pre filled 3 quarts lmao. hahaha Filters the size of a small propane tank lol, exaduration of course!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I done got stuck under Mom's Explorer one time trying to change the oil.

I don't remember exactly what happened, but I musta tried to roll over to see something, and got my shoulder wedged between the transmission and frame rail.

I've been pulled out from under my Ranger by my feet at least once, too...

Michigan
Lmao Hahaha Nice!

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
my f150 is pretty easy. But it is a 2wd. Ive changed one on a 4wd as well and it sucks.

My dads 97 is pretty darn easy.

reminds me i need to change my oil...

Michigan
Im changin my oil at college monday. Let those kids get there hands on a real truck, instead of all the ricers!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
When I change my oil, I just lay a bunched up rag on top of the pivot arm under the filter, then when it comes off the oil just gets absorbed into the rag; no mess ;)

Michigan
Good idear! I think imma get a oil filter relocation kit lol with the dual filter set up lol. was an idea of mine but idk

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Damn AG I've been thinkin about that same thing for the past few years...and it'd help on a play toy...so when you get stuck..it's as easy as that...great minds think alike I guess.....

JR

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
It's a cool idea and all, but it wouldn't be very practical at all. Not to mention costly. I can only imagine the amount of excess weight you'd be adding to put a system on capable of lifting a 2 ton+ truck.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
The first couple of time I changed the oil in my truck , It was a pain , but after I learned a couple of tricks and where to place my hands I can spin the filter right on , as far as taking the filter off I do it very carefully and try not to spill the oil , when some does it just goes down to the cardboard I put down first, leaving some on the axle.
That hydraulics idea would take alot of crafting and hoses to do it.Being that my truck has ample room below it and I carry a floor jack in my box I see no need for it.
Finally at the threads topic: Euro's look good enuff up front , just think the newer lights curve around the side a little and wouldn't never fit right.

Mike

NeXtras said:
i was looking at an 06 f250 as it pulled in the parking lot at work.

i love the headlight design of them.. i noticed that our generation f-series and the 06 headlight design look pretty similar in size and shape, has anyone ever tryed to install them on there truck?

if it works it would be sickkk to put the Harley Davidson headlights in!!
Step away from my truck!!!smilietease

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
You're right about the weight....however you could replace a smog or ac pump with a belt driven Hydraulic pump...and it wouldn't be too many hoses 6 total from the control valve...two to the front and two to the back plus one from the reservoir to the pump and from the pump to control valve....only problem with a belt driven is a PTO driven is way more practical...you can turn it on and off.....Makes me wanna do it lol.....the cylinders wouldn't have to be too large just have to be able to withstand the kinetic energy as well as the weight for (if need be) an extended period of time...but hel...RV's use tiny cylinders and work just fine...not to mention they stay on them for months at a time.....JMT

JR

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I didn't know RV's stayed on them continually, I thought it was more of a block it thing afterwards. I'm not around RV's much, so I don't have much of a clue.

Personally, another thing I don't like about the idea is the whole.. could de-pressurize and kill you if you were underneath it kinda thing. I realize that's not very common but that's why they say always use jackstands as well as the jack, right? Safety first. I'd be the kind of person to put jackstands under it as well as it being lifted up by the hydraulics. Therefore defeating the purpose for it at all, lol.

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
The majority of the accidents are not caused by complete separation but more by slices or pinholes...that is ALOT of PSI being forced through a tiny hole...kinda like waterjetting metals.....except your flesh.....and yea the idea is to put blocks or boards or whatever under it but I've seen people not do that....

JR

Michigan
just think the newer lights curve around the side a little and wouldn't never fit right.
Yea i think your rite, maby they could without the bezel around our headlights. I personally think it would look ugly and they sell blacked out headlights on ebay. Going to have a set of em on my truck sooner or later, hopefully sooner... Il take some snap shots of my dads lights compared to mine. See what you guys think.

Michigan
Acually our lights curve around alot more than the superrhooties does.. Post pics soon.

Michigan
100_3310.jpg

100_3311.jpg

100_3312.jpg

100_3313.jpg

Kinda the same looking light, but looking at the pics i dont think theres any way they will work... JMO

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts