Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Greeeetings Y'aaaall

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I just remembered Nick's buddy Jack runs a parts counter at a local Knecht's (indy auto parts chain in PDX and Eugene) here in town. Kid knows his stuff.

http://www.knechts.com/index.asp

Last edited:
I B Newbee Like Yoobee Newbee!!

Welcome, I think you'll like it here. Everyone has been great with info,advice,and patience as I learn this whole forum stuff.You'll find the full spectrum from old timers to novice. I'm not on as often as I'd like, but I usually get what I came for.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Ya, and out here in No Man's Land, if you're older than 20 and have an IQ higher than a mosquito, you can't get a job at O'Reilly's. At least the manager, Jim, at the Auto Zone knows what he's talking about and can help identify problems. I just don't like the "cheapness" of the parts.

CarQuest was always good for good parts at decent prices. I like Napa, but they're proud of their stuff and price it accordingly. And there's not one close by.

Damn,
threadjacked.gif
my own thread. 'drama'
Dunno about O'Reilly's, but when Checker sold out, their Vice President and Chief Corporate Attorney took a buyout and retired.

Now he spends his time around the house playing with his model trains.

The only reason I go to Blotto-Zone is for polish & wax. If I can't find genuine Ford parts for my old rolling piles of misery, NAPA or an indie auto parts store are the next choices.

There's an old saying: Buy the best, and cry only once.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I have never had good luck with parts i've bought at the Napa here in town, over priced and usually always fail but that store has changed suppliers i don't know how many times and the most recent one is Napa. But if i need something it's only a few blocks away.

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
Bob,
Welcome to the site, seems like you fit right in.

and since he posted in here V welcome to the site also.

ridgerunner150

New York Chapter member
Welcome to FTF

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts