Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

GOOD GOD/It must be gold

never been a fan of paint schemes with too much deviation from the factory look. Dunno why, but gimme a a solid color, a factory tu-tone or striping package any day over any high dollar designs/murals/etc.

....X2. Thats why yer truck is great!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
If he gets anywhere close to that, I wanna hire him for the store. I even think $5K isn't gonna be easy to pull in this economy. It's missing some "eyeball" too. Ben's truck has eyeball- that silver Bronco is OK, but that's about it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Aww geez...you guys are gonna make me blush.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Its 'cause we love you. ;)

Well geez now I'm confused cuz Steve told me everyone posts when I'm not logged in (which isn't often)...I guess I'll just have to stick around and post some more useless junk to really figure this one out.

I do not doubt he spent that much restoring it, but it sure won't bring that much. Assuming it has a 400 engine with modest performance upgrades I would say in perfect condition it may bring $15,000 on a good day. Who knows, maybe it has a Ford GT 5.4L with twin turbos :)

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ive actually seen the truck in person. its wicked nice whether id buy it or not is the other question. id be afraid to drive it its so nice. i saw it at the Amherst car show/swap meet here in New Hampshire. hey X36 where in NH are you located?
n501192138_100369_1706.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I don't care how sweet it is...no way would I pay that much for a new vehicle...much less one I could build as nice (if not nicer and to my tastes) for about half of what he's asking.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Let's put this into perspective. $42K buys a nice C2 ('63-'67) Corvette if it isn't a big block or a $100,000 over-restoration. Difference is, those cars may soften a bit, but have a strong following and will always pull all the money.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Check it out now AND yes he was asking 42K :) Guy must be a real character Throwing #'s around like that in todays economy.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1061292966.html

WOOOOOOOOW...although at least I sorta see where he's coming from now...maybe I missed it before, but he said after the rebuild, it was registered as a new vehicle (didn't know you could do that)...and if it was such a good rebuild that he could actually do that...well I guess I can semi see why he feels justified in the asking price. But the poor sap is clueless...I've still seen Broncos as nice go for 8k, much less in this economy...he's delirious.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Check it out now AND yes he was asking 42K :) Guy must be a real character Throwing #'s around like that in todays economy.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1061292966.html

yeah when i saw it 2 years ago it was in awesome condition! not one spec of rust/dirt/water at all on the vehicle! the thing is gorgeous...although it still is a steep price. its not that far from me actually only about 15 miles away

hey X36 where abouts do you live anyway? im just south of manchester

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts