Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

GOOD GOD/It must be gold

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well for a truck that nice I can't imagine that he meant to type $4200... So he must really think its worth that much :rofl:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Geez...makes me feel much better about what I paid for my 79.

Me looking at craigslist page:

"Dayum, thats a sick truck. Thats niiiiiiice... :)"

(looks at price)

"Holy S***!!!!"

no joke.......

EDIT: I would pay $4200 for that. :)

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
When I first looked at it somethin didnt seem right with it I cant figure out what though. It dont look very outstandin to me, looks more like an everyday bronco with a fairly old paintjob that wasnt waxed very often.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Truck is worth way more than $4200 in NH if it's as rust-free as it appears.

My bet...typing on number keypad, hit the 4 instead of the 1, and wants $12k for the truck.

My professional Guess, He is asking $42,000.00 (No extra zeros) because he got it appraised..

Hope he gets it. I mean it looks nice and all but the flares gotta go. Wonder what's hiding under them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
CHK out the price for this Bronco here on NH Craigs opinions ???:)

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1061292966.html

HOOOOOOOOLY SH!T...that guy has been watching too much Barrett Jackson. Or maybe the guy in Florida was right...and Ford did make the ever so rare Bronco HiBoy...hahahaha

Geez...makes me feel much better about what I paid for my 79.

x2...$2400 for mine was a pretty good deal...couple little rust bubbles, and could use an engine rebuild...but another 5K...and I think it could be almost as good as brand new.

It looks like a 4200 dollar truck to me.

x2...that would be a 4-5k truck in my area...with a funky paint job...to me that actually drops the value.

If that truck can be had for $4200 then give me a phone right away.

There are plenty of them out there...that look as good (probably better due to paint scheme) that go in the 5k range.

It is nice. I don't know if it's a typo though! 'smiliecrazy'

I emailed him, we will wait to see what he says. :D

Can't wait to see what he has to say...either he's crazy, or it was one of those deals where the wife told him he had to sell something and he didn't want to, so he's asking an astronomically high price so he can tell her he at least tried.

My professional Guess, He is asking $42,000.00 (No extra zeros) because he got it appraised..

I wouldn't doubt that...only thing is, he seems to not realize that the market definitely can't handle that. On top of that, what appraiser in his right mind would price that out at 42K???? Geezus, I bet the cars professionally built for Barrett Jackson aren't even appraised at cost. You can build a whole truck from scratch essentially for 25-30k. And in closing, my truck is appraised at 25k...replacement insurance at 20k and I wouldn't DREAM of getting any more than 12-15k for it.

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Is it just me or does it only have the fender flares in the left-hand picture? :confused:

If that's the case-- the real fenders look like they're in good shape. Perhaps he just likes flares :p

EDIT: Ben-- I kinda like the paint scheme. So shoot me :p

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
If the thing was COMPLETELY rebuilt and he had someone else do pretty much everything, depending on the amount of work, he could have somewhat close to that price into it. Not 42K, but easily 30-35K. I've done a heck of a lot of work to mine and started out with only a chassis that was worth a damn and I'm sure I have over 20K into it. I have many man hours into it and if I charged myself labor, that could easily add up to anothe 10K. So, getting over 30K into a restoration is very easy to do.

HOWEVER, why someone would pay that price to have someone else do everything is beyond me. And also, to get to that price there usually or most of the time EXTRAs, like a kick ass engine or professional interior upgrades, a really cool expensive paintjob, something.

And for 42K asking price (if that's correct) there should be more explanation and pics. Not just 2 standard pics of the outside.

Is it just me or does it only have the fender flares in the left-hand picture? :confused:

If that's the case-- the real fenders look like they're in good shape. Perhaps he just likes flares :p

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

I like the paint scheme too, its a handsome truck. Just not $42k handsome. :p

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Looks to me like he went with a smaller set of flares at some point...or maybe painted them. In the left hand pic they look black...in the right hand pic, they are definitely there, just look smaller and paint matched.

Don't worry about me shooting you Chris...never been a fan of paint schemes with too much deviation from the factory look. Dunno why, but gimme a a solid color, a factory tu-tone or striping package any day over any high dollar designs/murals/etc. Although, I gotta say I am a fan of candied colors and paint jobs with a concentration of metallic fleck.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts