Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gettin a big bronk finally

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
so do i get a case of beer for fixing the idle issue?!?! ;) i will be down in that area in october 19th-25th i might be able to help you out too with the rest of it while im down there

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
I'd stick with the test light, or even a paperclip, to pull codes. Can't get much easier, i can pull codes in under a minute with my handy-dandy paperclip. Do it twice and you'll never forget how.

At any rate, smiliegitrdone

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Sure you can have some beer if ur down here. Id hope to have it figured out soon. Ok so an update, I pulled the plugs and they were covered in black soot, I put in a set from my truck that were in for like 100 miles for the new engine. Plugs 3+4 were clean and kinda wet? If my allergies wernt acting up id be able to smell it and see if its like gas or something else. Let me know. A few of the plugs were white just on the electrode. Maybe that will help out some.

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
Hmmm black soot, i could be wrong but i think that means oil is making it's way into the combustion chamber. Maybe past the piston ring? That could be the cause of the misfire.

But then again you also said some were white, which if i remember correctly indicates a lean condition. All off the top of my head, maybe someone else can confirm this.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Humm, it doesnt blow blue, so id say the rings are good, and it doesnt use oil. It does have 147K i think, as the odo say 47359 so im assuming its 147K could be 247K but I dont think so. Im thinking injectors or vacuum leak. I know its common for the upper to lower intake gasket to leak, so maybe thats making it run like crap. I got it in my garage now so ill prob take the upper off and finish cleaning it, plus the lower which was caked with carbon.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Took battery off to let computer clear.(hr or so, ate, took shower) Put bat back on and started up, ran wierd for a min, then ran like it did before I took the bat off, retested codes, got 31,67,31,67,13,12,93,29. Why it gave 31 and 67 2 times i donno. 12 and 13 are from the RPM going up and down when I started it, 93 is for E4OD, know it doesnt have that trans, and 29 Insufficient input from VSS, didnt drive it so maybe thats it. Non have to do with running caus I had 31 and 67 the 1st time. The TPS code is gone so thats good. Still running like crap. Humm maybe its time to jump it into the pond in my back yard, jk cant do that to a Ford.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well I think I have it narrowed down. Was pulling injector plugs and 1 on the pass side didnt really do much when I unplugged, so either its not shooting, or the plug isnt firing. So im a ck that cyl for spark, then ck to see if the inj is firing.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Fixed It

Yes you are reading correct. Was testing injectors and when I pulled the #1 inj it got better wierd right, so I was like 1 inj got to be messed up and this is making it balance out. So I pulled the upper off to get a look at the injectors and this is what I found.
IMG_0129.jpg

Mouse nest!! Chewed through ink 3 and 4.
IMG_0130.jpg

Have to rewire tomorrow and get new gasket. Here are some pics in the garage. Love how it fits in so nice.
IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Yeah I'm pretty convinced that they tagged me as a SUPER bad boy :rofl: I don't think the ban will be lifted. Oh well :p

You and allot of us. Still no PM's emails,search or classified privlages . No biggie . I still get emails from people for parts .

You didn't do anything that didn't need done. It worked its dead over there.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Fixed the inj plugs today. She is running great.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Will try to get one. Took it out back, that thing slides nice. Runs good.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea I somehow get these wierd deals, 4 cars for my self, F350, Mus, Protege, Bronco, whats next?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts