Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gettin a big bronk finally

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Thats what I figured, id try, its supposed to have new plugs and wires. Ill see whats goin on, that hunting idle can be tps, but what about the miss? Who knows lol.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
could be a bad plug/wire or could be a bad injector. i usually say do a noid light test on the injector BUT i highly doubt you have noid lights :/

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
But it says

Last Activity: 09-15-2008 08:58 PM

Traitor! Maybe you don't post much, but it seems you're still there quite alot...

Also, your posts, despite you not posting there in a year, average out to 6.60 per day to my 5.?? per day. I'm jealous:(

Dadadadadadadadaaaa! The calvary has arived! smiliegitrdone

And i would check the firing order off the bat before you bend over backwards trying to find the problem.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Can't beat free. That'd be an awesome rig to trick up for some hardcore mudding :D And those digital gauges are cool :)

Don't forget to pull the codes!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
But it says

Last Activity: 09-15-2008 08:58 PM

Traitor! Maybe you don't post much, but it seems you're still there quite alot..
Ehh... I'm banned for life over there. The only reason it shows activity is because every once in a while I'll have a friend that says "hey they reactivated my account...", so I go and check if mine did too. Not because I'd use it, but because that'd mean I WON! :D

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Im the same way Skank, i actually DID get un-banned suprisingly enough

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
Are you sure you're not getting any cross-firing between your plug wires?

Your firing order would be: 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8

Keep #2 and #4 wires seperate. Also keep #7 and #8 wires apart.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I think I'm a super duper bad boy...considering the verbal abuse I used on them...heh heh.....check the cap and make sure there aren't any "tracks"

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well i cked the firing order and i thaught it was wrong then redid it and it wouldnt run lol, then i was like whoops im a idiot, and did it back the right way, still runs the same. KOEO test comes up with 23, 31, 67

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Eh the neutral safety switch wouldn't give these problems (but you do need to do it) but5 the first to...what do they affect the voltage on?

EDIT: Found some codes out of my 76-86 Chilton's....figured out i can't fid the one for mine and that ticks me off...anyways....code 23 in here is TPS out of self test range.....31 is PFE, EVP or EVR curcuit below minimum voltage...I need find my other Chilton's.....

Last edited:

Black150

So Cal
Yup, that's it. 23 means the TPS voltage is out of range, at closed throttle. 31 would more than likely be the EVP voltage being out of range.

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Changed the tps today and cap and rotor, also changed 1 wire as 1 was different from the others. The TB was super carboned up, so i wasted like a can on that and a can on the upper intake, then I seafoamed it. It still has the miss but not as bad as it did, it also idles now and doesnt search for it. I took home the Snap-On scanner today and it wouldnt communicate with the bronk, then I tried it on my truck and it worked fine. So I donno what that means. I was able to pull the codes with a test light so I know its working. I will prob change the plugs and wires. Ran out of light and drank a few so dont feel like workin on it now. Ill pull some wires tomorrow and see if it gets worse or better on each cyl.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea I had it right, caus it worked on my truck. I tried both tests. My truck has more wires in the plug then the bronk has. Maybe 88 vs 95?? Whatever, im getting there. Its getting better.

Black150

So Cal
smiliewhathesaid

Did you clear the codes after the new TPS then pull em again to see if you still get the 23? And that EGR code is probably something easy, have you checked the voltage at the EVP?

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
There are less wires in the 88 connector vs the one in my 95. They are both the same connector just less wires in the bronk. Na I didnt clear them, how do you clear them? I cleared my truck with the scanner but the bronk wouldnt read so it wouldnt let me clear them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts