Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Discussion V2

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Frick...just called to do a parts check on the steering components for Red and grab them this weekend. The control valve is already sold out, and they said they don't plan on having anymore in stock for 8 weeks. Crap. They had one power cylinder in stock, and one of each of the hoses. Dangit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
$1100 and you get a rebuilt gear box? That's BS. For that price you should at least get all NEW parts.

It's steep that's for sure. It's a nice "bolt on kit", but really the only thing needed is a bolt on bracket for the box and everything else you can get individually like Ben said and save some money.

That sucks about NPD not having them in stock again. I suppose they are having a tough time getting rebuildable cores. What does Lares Corp charge for a rebuild Ben?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That sucks about NPD not having them in stock again. I suppose they are having a tough time getting rebuildable cores. What does Lares Corp charge for a rebuild Ben?

From what it sounds like to me is...NPD gets a discount based on batch size, so time frame is determined by amount acceptable of cores. Lares was about $150 more.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
$150 is a little more to swallow, but it might be worth it if they offer some sort of warranty if it starts leaking again. One thing I wonder though is if by not using the truck much causes the components to leak. That's one downfall of nice trucks like yours is that when they sit and don't get frequent use, things tend to dry out and leak.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Lare's was actually the one that told me to go through NPD...haha, so I never really explored him as an option an further, but I guess I will now.

And yeah...I'd agree with the lack of use, but it's been quite a while since it was leak free, and I've just kept limping it along. That's one of the components I cut corners I cut when she was redone.

The bed on the 77, after sitting outside for two days has a good bit of water in it.
Any one here drill holes in their bed to allow drainage?
Was thinking about making slots as close to the bulkhead as i could get, but drilling a simple hole or three will probably be as effective and easier.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The bed on the 77, after sitting outside for two days has a good bit of water in it.
Any one here drill holes in their bed to allow drainage?
Was thinking about making slots as close to the bulkhead as i could get, but drilling a simple hole or three will probably be as effective and easier.

Doesn't drain out of the bolt holes? I'd pop a bit through close to the cab a few times, then hit it with some spray paint.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I haven't noticed any on my box (79) and it's kind of doubtful that they would drain through the mounting bolts.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I was thinking he had it off of the truck for some reason...

Park it facing uphill

That was my first thought. lol

Problem solved. I was out looking at it and thought to myself that they didnt use any seem sealer or anything like that back then, so I took a hard bristle brush and as soon as i touched the front inside corner water started draining.
So all I had to do is disturb the 34 year old crude.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
i kicked my truck in the door and it now has a dent...

can i participate in this discussion? :)

No, you need to have a dent down the entire side and on both sides!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
All I can say is there's the potential for a helluva swing in tuning when you live between 100+* summers and 0* winters.
What about 115+* summers and -50* winters? :D

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Well ken.... It just so happens im in a particularly hostile mood. Give me maybe half an hour and i can have a dent down both sides. :)
Then i can sell it on ebay as a " supremely awesome cuztom dent side" 1of1 ever made. Amazing craftsmanship

listing price you ask?
60,000 :)

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Well ken.... It just so happens im in a particularly hostile mood. Give me maybe half an hour and i can have a dent down both sides. :)
Then i can sell it on ebay as a " supremely awesome cuztom dent side" 1of1 ever made. Amazing craftsmanship

listing price you ask?
60,000 :)

Pretty sure I saw something like that on flea bay the other day... smilietease

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts