Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Next weekend I'm re-wiring the trailer brakes on my travel trailer. I replaced the hardware last fall, updated the brake controller (it was 30 years old!) and wiring on Burt, but ran out of time for the wiring on the trailer brakes! Then Burt is gonna pull us all on some beach camping trips this summer again for the first time since pulling the trailer home 1 1/2 years ago! Can't wait!
Dak

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds like a lot of fun!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Quick question...the vacuum reservoir in a 79 Bronco that looks like a coffee can, can that be welded up or should I just go ahead and buy a new (used) one? It's got about a 3" long by 1/4" crack in it, rendering it useless.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Mine isn't in the best shape either. There's a good sized hole in it... Doesn't seem to do any harm. Well, the vacuum system in the truck is in pieces....

doc

what?
Quick question...the vacuum reservoir in a 79 Bronco that looks like a coffee can, can that be welded up or should I just go ahead and buy a new (used) one? It's got about a 3" long by 1/4" crack in it, rendering it useless.

I may have one on the shelf you can have....let me check.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I don't think it would hurt as long as the metal is good enough to weld on.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I may have one on the shelf you can have....let me check.

Appreciate that Doc. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I have the one that's about 8" long and not the one that's right around 4" long.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Somebody tried to tell me that the paint came off of their vaccum reservoir once and it said Folgers.I called BS,but I always wandered,how similar are they to Coffee Cans?I don't have one so I can't compare.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Somebody tried to tell me that the paint came off of their vaccum reservoir once and it said Folgers.I called BS,but I always wandered,how similar are they to Coffee Cans?I don't have one so I can't compare.

Looks more like a big soup can... Otherwise, the can itself has the same 'feel' as a coffee can.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I wouldn't doubt it. My grandfather (Ford master mechanic) said it wasn't uncommon to use a coffee can to repair.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
i ripped all the coffee cans off my truck........ no need for them

i ripped all the coffee cans off my truck........ no need for them

How do you get your caffeine fix now ?:rofl:

Ben , anything that will not collapse under the suction , which isn't much, will work. As long as the volume is near the same and the hose can be fitted.
You could put literally anything in it's place

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Just stopping by to say the obvious..............

DENTSIDES RULE!!!!!!!!!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So is everyone letting their dentsides out for the Summer and letting them stretch their legs? Anyone put any serious miles on their's yet? Over the last month, I've put a little over 1,000 on the odometer. It's great to have her out and let her run. I'll say, it's nice having her entered in quite a few stop light drag shows. And cruising is just a blast. It's nice DDing her again.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
So is everyone letting their dentsides out for the Summer and letting them stretch their legs? Anyone put any serious miles on their's yet? Over the last month, I've put a little over 1,000 on the odometer. It's great to have her out and let her run. I'll say, it's nice having her entered in quite a few stop light drag shows. And cruising is just a blast. It's nice DDing her again.

Who are you kidding?! My truck never leaves the road! smilieFordlogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts