Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
In an effort to prevent hijacks in other threads, use this thread to just shoot the breeze, catch up with buddies or to talk about whatever else isn't 'tech'.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I wanna dentside (or bumpside- I don't discriminate).

No room for another vehicle right now, though, and I don't have the time/skill/interest to deal with the rust on a New England truck.

3/4 ton 4x4, please...with an FE, and a 4-speed.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Go with a 76...has the best of both worlds...FE setup, yet had more user friendly upgrades. If you find room for one...lemme know and I'll start looking...actually know of a couple off the top of my head in great shape for 3k. Always wanted to go to Maine...So I'd drive it to ya and fly home.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Go with a 76...has the best of both worlds...FE setup, yet had more user friendly upgrades. If you find room for one...lemme know and I'll start looking...actually know of a couple off the top of my head in great shape for 3k. Always wanted to go to Maine...So I'd drive it to ya and fly home.

Gimme a few months to find a job and a place to live...

3k for something drivable shouldn't be out of reason if I get the sort of job I'm hoping for, though.

*What upgrades did they add in '76 over the '75s?

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
lots of little things, shoulder belts, more chrome looking things in the cab,

...well there's alot more but none come to mind right now. Maybe ben will help me out...

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well I got both the dent aint been nothin but trouble for me half the time the other half it has been a good truck only left me stranded once and it was cause it threw two rods. I aint got the bump here yet but it seems like a lot more solid truck just dont have as many comforts as the dent (no power steering for 1). I still love the dent but its just been messed with by who knows how many people its time to move on and try again. I never could kill the 352 I threw in there for a temropary motor. The FE is by far the best motor in my opinion (except the 360 which ill have to deal with for a while). Disk brakes were introduced on the front the grills a hair different also like mentioned above shoulder belts were mandatory that year but mine has laps from a PO thats about it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gimme a few months to find a job and a place to live...

3k for something drivable shouldn't be out of reason if I get the sort of job I'm hoping for, though.

*What upgrades did they add in '76 over the '75s?

Look at what Matt said...plus somewhere in there, the fronts got discs, and PS was added...can't remember what year exactly, so I say 76 to be safe. Maybe Dennis will post up what he knows.

lots of little things, shoulder belts, more chrome looking things in the cab,

...well there's alot more but none come to mind right now. Maybe ben will help me out...

On a personal matter how did you get so many posts lol you must be on here 24/7

If I have my computer with me...which I always do, I have my email open, FTF tabbed, and a couple other things tabbed...so if anyone posts, I know...and if it strikes my fancy, I post.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well if you can really call it Power steering.

Well ya got me there...til what 78...it was still Power assist

Nice i wish i could help out more around the site but i dont know much about these trucks so im just here to learn.

To tell you the truth...all I knew about dentsides was from my grandpa and dad. Then once I started joining forums about a year and half ago, that's when my knowledge started growing exponentially, and I still don't even have half the knowledge some guys do. All I can do is continue to read and learn.

since this is jus general dentside spam imma start mine up tomorrow for fisrt time in a month or 6

been on a trickle charge since winter

Sounds sweet...I haven't started Red in 2 months, and dad hasn't driven it in about a month and a half...I tell him to put the charger on...but he never does...so she'll probably be dead next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts