Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got my crewcab!!

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
looks good! any ideas on what color its going to be in the end?

Right now I think it is going to be slate gray metallic. I have a nice black dash pad for it and a set of black XLT door panels for the front and rear. It should go together good with the gray.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
You need to add this beautiful truck to your signature...
I know this is very off-topic.
Also how many dents do you own?

Thanks rattlecan.

When it's finished I'll add it. Right now I have 4, 5 if you count the 78 E-250 Pathfinder van.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks great Scott...can't wait to see even more updates...be sure to keep me in mind when/if you decide to get rid of any of the brown or tan interior components.

Well back at it. I had to weld all the holes shut from the screw in snaps that the PO had put in around the back window.

dsc03325.jpg

dsc03334.jpg

I also welded up this hole in the pillar.

dsc03071.jpg

dsc03333.jpg

Ended up cleaning all of the floor with a gasket scraper. The floorboards are in great shape. No signs of rust anywhere.

dsc03335.jpg

dsc03337.jpg

dsc03338.jpg

Next is pull it out and get a garden hose and wash the remaining dirt out of the interior. I'm going to POR-15 the floorboards and then use Dynamat.

I ended up buying some new gray carpet from a guy in Ca that changed his colors so I saved a few bucks on the carpet kit. Plans are to get the interior done and primed and then get started on the body. I'd like to try and get this painted before winter sets in so I have plenty of time to put it back together. I'm thinking of using a set of low back buckets from a Bronco with the center console and losing the front bench.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
What a great project. Man those floors do look in good shape. Do you have much body work to do except for the minor ding/scratch repairs or is there some patch panel work to do?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks great. Do you know what the snaps would have been used for?

Thanks Goose.

Buck there is a small spot of rust on the rear wheel well. From what I can tell with a magnet it is still metal so I don't believe it has been ever worked on before. The body is in great shape, aside from some roof dents and a few door dings it should be pretty simple. The driver door has a small area of rust on it. I'm undecided as to wether or not I want to use my NOS doors and fenders on this one or stick with what's on it.

73, I think somewhere in it's life this truck was pulled behind a camper. I'm guessing they must of made a cover that snapped on the back window to keep the sun out?

If it's pretty simple to fix the doors, I'd maybe just fix them and keep your NOS ones for a rainy day.

That's kind of what I'm thinking to. Just in case somewhere down the road someone hits me I still have some parts to fix it later.

Do you paint your own vehicles?

For my Bronco I had a shop do the body. For the crew I'll spray the interior and the jambs but will have them do the body in a booth. It's just to hard to keep bugs out of the paint when you don't have a booth.

Thanks. This is the only pic I have at the moment from the aution. Ebay doesn't keep old auctions around for much anymore.

29d9_1.jpg

4750.00, picked it up myself so no shipping cost other than my fuel expense.

How far did you have to go to get her? I shipped mine for $1200 :( Worth it though in comparison with the cost of me flying over there then driving back...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts