Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

edelbrock manifold with holley carb. trans kickdown?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
i specifically said i wasnt trying to start anything but hey i can always find another forum

That would be your choice to make...and I'm not trying to start anything either.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
You brought that on yourself with your comment...people here are very tolerant and helpful...except maybe when somebody makes a post such as you did...and to bring the Christian thing in to it seems very strange.
Edit....suggesting that someone change their sig to suit your requirements is just simply not cool.

smilieIagree

i specifically said i wasnt trying to start anything but hey i can always find another forum

Don't take me the wrong way, I generally mean no harm. But you came off as an antagonist, and that doesn't fly here (or any of the other forums that I frequent). This is an automotive forum, not a religous one. I come here for automotive knowledge, not a sermon. Calling someone out on their post based on religous views (and not even posting anything relivant to the thread) is just asking for trouble. If you'd have done this elsewhere (different forum) you'd have 10+ other guys all over you, apparently you know that....and no,I'm not from FSB, I call this place home and am friends with most people on here.

You're more than welcome to hang out here, just lighten up. Plus you joined in Dec of '09, that = newb. It's not a derogatory term, just a name for a new memeber.

Just an FYI I attend church (almost) every Sunday.

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
smiliewhathesaid

Hey, I'm a Christain. I know how to forgive.

Welcome aboard.:wavey:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There is an option of getting Pro-Systems to build you one..with 2 inlets and an off road program...it just won't be cheap.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
yep...lack of funds can be a wet towel on the whole situation.

yes im trying tp piece together some things. ive found a 400 to replace the tired M for 150 w/ alum intake that im able to get because of the all wonderful scrap yard. so im now going to tear her down and put some 9.5 to 1 pistons roller rockers cam and carb. just dont know if i would be alright with the regular street avenger. or if it would be best to run the truck avenger. even though it is single inlet, because i really dont want to spend a grand on a carb. unless its a race carb for my bracket car

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Your best bet with Tim is to call and leave a message...he laid off some of his staff due to circumstances and sometimes e-mails get missed.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
o i see i thought about getting kb but i could never find any that were higher than factory compression

The pistons that Tim supplied me were KB...and the head is also gonna have a lot to do with what your static CR winds up at.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
i am just going to use factory heads w/o milling it down.

Your best bet would be to give Tim a phone call....my understanding of the factory heads is that the combustion chamber doesn't lend itself well to much over about 9.5:1...I know Tim will be able to answer your questions and steer you in the right direction.

so got the truck up and going. the carb someone jetted down to a 63. it was too lean, so i ended up taking apart the 600 holley i had and took the 66 jets out and put those in. works good. feels like it could go one step richer but it runs real nice.

MAN the power difference! before the stock 2bbl was OK, but man this thing moves and pulls all the way to about 5k rpm now!

next i need to take out the 351m and put in a 400 with a cam and headers!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
so got the truck up and going. the carb someone jetted down to a 63. it was too lean, so i ended up taking apart the 600 holley i had and took the 66 jets out and put those in. works good. feels like it could go one step richer but it runs real nice.

MAN the power difference! before the stock 2bbl was OK, but man this thing moves and pulls all the way to about 5k rpm now!

next i need to take out the 351m and put in a 400 with a cam and headers!

Just drop the pan and swap the crank..:D...easy afternoon job!

Just drop the pan and swap the crank..:D...easy afternoon job!

AND pistons lol. but this motor needs some work, itd be easier to find a 400 already and clean it up, port the heads and rebuild it. i want to just use stock pistons, just new bearings, new cam, ported heads, headers, edelbrock manifold, the holley 670 carb, a double roller timing chain, and new oil pump and harmonic balancer.

The carb upgrade was amazing, can really feel some power. now to buy a cam hahahahah

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts