Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

edelbrock manifold with holley carb. trans kickdown?

I scored an AWESOME deal on an edelbrock performer 400 manifold and a holley 650 carb off a 78 bronco. It was running and driving but he took the running gear out and was parting it out. sold me the manifold and carb for 65$. heard it run too!

anyways the bronco was a 4spd manual. i have a c6 automatic. im trying to figure out how to make the kickdown work? ive seen a few pictures of one on a holley and its like an extension bracket. im thinking of making one?

Anyone got pictures??

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Why would he want to swap in that box of hammers?'hah'

its cool i figured out how to make it work.

i took the one from the stock linkage, and put a washer on it and a bolted it to the linkage. it works fine. even hooked up a return spring.

Cleaned up my edelbrock manifold and painted it silver. and i got the carb fresh and clean. needs to be cleaned a bit more. its going to make underhood look nice now.

I need headers and a cam next

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Don't make one, they are less than $10. See http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-20-60/

If he got his carb's PN, he could also go to the Holley site and it will list any and all accessories applicable to his carb.

Why would he want to swap in that box of hammers?'hah'

BURN

its cool i figured out how to make it work.

i took the one from the stock linkage, and put a washer on it and a bolted it to the linkage. it works fine. even hooked up a return spring.

Cleaned up my edelbrock manifold and painted it silver. and i got the carb fresh and clean. needs to be cleaned a bit more. its going to make underhood look nice now.

I need headers and a cam next

Glad you got it working to your liking.

oh man that looks sharp!!

Ryan

Agreed...I couldn't believe it was the same intake.

ok so found out this carbs NOT going to work, UNLESS i convert to a 4spd trans. lol.

So my carb came from a bronco with a manual trans, well me having an auto i need the kickdown. well after looking on holley and at carbs i noticed they sell one for a ford with the kickdown linkage on the inside of the linkage for the carb. so you hook the rod to that and then it will work.

BUT mine doesnt have that. and after hours of tinkering i cant get it to work without that piece of linkage. so time to sell the carb and buy a new one.

bought a better and nicer carb today.

Holley 670cfm street avenger. I REALLY REALLY wanted to stay with a 600cfm but the deal was amazing, rebuild, polished, super nice for 130$. and it came off a 400 ford.

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

slowly cleaning out my engine bay. going to remove the ac, as it doesnt work anyways. next on the list, timing chain, oil pump, and a cam.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn son...next time you come acorss a smoking deal like that, you should probably send it my way to make sure it's not a scam.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
?????????????...because you are a Christian, you don't cuss?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
hey man i aint one to judge anybody. but i notice your sig says standin by my gun and bible since 86 but in your post you start off cussing. so that might give some people the wrong idea about christians. so if you could just lay off on the cussing or change your sig. once again not trying to upset anyone just a little curious.

:suspicious: The best kind of religous folk, the confrontational kind.:devil:

Nice hijack........newb.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
o man thanks for the newb thing your almost as bad as the fsb crew. although you prolly came from over there. and let me get this straight, because i dont have very many posts i am a newb. have you ever thought i dont like to post very often and just observe

You brought that on yourself with your comment...people here are very tolerant and helpful...except maybe when somebody makes a post such as you did...and to bring the Christian thing in to it seems very strange.
Edit....suggesting that someone change their sig to suit your requirements is just simply not cool.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts