Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dual Exhaust

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
Took a clip today. Let me let ya listen to what I wanted it to sound like.

And this is what I got

smilietease smilietease The Ranger is still much better than stock so I'm pleased.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
SOunds really good!
And that Mustang sounds wicked.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I agree with Tex, It sounds REALLY good!

I still like how the stang sounds better though... :wasntme:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not gonna lie...at idle, I like the Ranger better...but then when you stepped on the gas, it definitely told the story of a 4.0...haha.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
I heard a Flowmaster on a Ranger in person before. Sounded like a V8.

By the way.. I hate Magnaflow's for any 6 cyilinder motor. I had a magnaflow muffler installed on our 3.0L.

What a waste of money.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Glasspacks should be good. I like them on my truck. You should pass inspection. If they can pass in NJ they should pass anywhere :rofl:

EDIT: Oops old thread brought back. Should have read all of it first LOL

Last edited:

TazDevil07

I'm very pleased with my Magnaflows. It has deepened up quite a bit since that video. Almost sounds like the hubs F150 duals. smilieFordlogo

I heard a Flowmaster on a Ranger in person before. Sounded like a V8.

By the way.. I hate Magnaflow's for any 6 cyilinder motor. I had a magnaflow muffler installed on our 3.0L.

What a waste of money.

Ya know, you are quite opinionated. You can't compare the 3.0 to the 4.0. To totally different beasts! :hammer:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ya know, you are quite opinionated. You can't compare the 3.0 to the 4.0. To totally different beasts! :hammer:

Go easy on him...he also said he thought a 6 cylinder sounded like a V8...with Blowmasters no less. Obviously he's not of the right mind...hahahaha

TazDevil07

I thought I was being easy, especially after I got a pm stating my truck would look better lifted. smilietease

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
That time of month again? Oops..

Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. Thought I was allowed to have an opinion, sorry!

:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That time of month again? Oops..

Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. Thought I was allowed to have an opinion, sorry!

:)

Don't take it so hard man...we're all just ball bustin.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Having heard Flowmasters (40 series) and a set of glasspacks on my Ranger when it still had the 4.0L, I will say neither sounded particularly good. The Flows deepened it up a great bit, but nobody would mistake it for a V8. The glasspacks just sounded horrible...too ricey for me. With some long ones that might change.

I wound up using a Classic Chambered 18" muffler, single-side exit in front of the rear tire. Took some creative pipe bending to make it work, but it sounded really nice with the 4.0L and downright mean with the 302.

TazDevil07

I heard cherry bombs on a Ranger before, I think it was a 3.0, was loud and sounded like hell, imo.

Again, I like the sound of the Mags on my Ranger.

FTF'er
Again, I like the sound of the Mags on my Ranger.
Is there a video of this? (If it's in this thread somewhere, YES I was too lazy to read the whole thing to find it)

My 2.3 had the cat, then straight pipe into a Y, then duals out the back. It sounded a bit ricey, but kinda cool at the same time.

TazDevil07

Is there a video of this? (If it's in this thread somewhere, YES I was too lazy to read the whole thing to find it)

My 2.3 had the cat, then straight pipe into a Y, then duals out the back. It sounded a bit ricey, but kinda cool at the same time.

This is when I first got it done.

I need to take a new one because it really has deepened up.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts