Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dual Exhaust

sonicbluestx

Delaware Chapter member
well i went with a magnaflow muffler, obviously custom install for me though.. i hooked my truck up to the db meter and im at liek 76db and DE allows i believe 95 or 96..

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
Has anyone heard an IMCO exhaust on a Ranger? My local shop carrys Flows, Mags, and Imco. Says Imco is more aggressive but only 2 yr warranty. Said they try each muffler on while I'm there but just curious is anyone has heard it before?

WOOT!! Appt scheduled for Friday!! WOOHOO!! My Ranger is getting some ba!!s!! Hehehehe

Last edited:

Likeastone

Mrs. O'Rattlecan
Missouri
Cool! I just got the 50 series flomasters put on the mustang like Ryan was saying. It fits the car perfectly! Like mentioned before, pull up some videos on youtube to find what you like.

I have yet to do it, but just to warn you, you are going to get requests for videos!

TazDevil07

I've listened to several youtube vids but vid can sound so much diff than in person, kwim? Like just cause its the same engine, it can still sound different. Like my 90 fox, everyone sound flows and yeah, flows sound good and in vid but I went with MAC's, cause they sound KILLER!! hehehehe

Oh yeah, and I'll definitely post up some vids and/or sound after its done. I just can't wait to hear them and then decide. Oh these people at the shop are gonna love me! LMAO

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Is it just me or does the sound of the exhaust need to match the vehicle?
Like what would sound great on a car wouldn't seem to match the look of a truck.

TazDevil07

I think it does. Like you wouldn't want a honda fart car (and excuse me if I offend anyone) but you wouldn't want that on a big freakin FORD truck right? hehehe Or something that sound like its rubberband is too tight? LMAO

Can you imagine this on my truck?

Last edited:

TazDevil07

hehehehe EXACTLY!! No can you imagine someone putting that on a 4 cyl Ranger.....ewwwwww

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I've kinda been on your boat for a few months Brenda, I want to dump these crummy glasspacks on my 79 but I can't decide on what muffler to go with.
So far I have two kinds I like the Super44's and the cherry bombs vortex's.

TazDevil07

Hmmm...big decisions there. I'd have to listen to some clips but I would think cherry bombs would sound AWESOME!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well the Vortex's muffle is the best sounding thing Cherry bomb makes (Thats my opinion) personally I haven't heard any thing that sounds as aggressive as the super 44s ..

TazDevil07

Exhaust is done. I went with Magnaflow XL Turbo. No vid yet. Its been raining its arse off all day. It sounds a lot better than it did. I went into this expecting it to sound like my stang but dummy me....ya can't get a 4.0 to sound like a 5.0. No way, no how. Anyway, hopefully tomorrow I'll get a clip or two up.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
With modern Catalytic Converters, most of the sound is lost there. Even if you put a cherry bomb on the exhaust, it's not going to really be *that* loud

Don't bet me on that. We can hear Nick's Ranger down in the valley coming a couple of miles away. Serious. He has a flowmaster with a single-to-dual setup behind the Cat. That's also where the exhaust ends- he sez he'll finish it out before it comes due for a smog check.

sonicbluestx

Delaware Chapter member
sweet, well atleast you have a lil better tone then the 3.0. who did your truck Brenda? im thinking im gonna re do mine, diff muffler maybe..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts