Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

dropped off at trans shop

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Thunder's was $1500.

That's not so bad... It's not urgent, just shifts hard and is worn out after 236,000. After I build the new motor that'll be next.

Ryan

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
i have it!!!!!!!!!!!!

its back and shifting through all the gears...

running a lil rough... i think it has some bad gas.. when i bought it i filled it up at a little small gas station out in the middle of no where..

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
i have it!!!!!!!!!!!!

its back and shifting through all the gears...

running a lil rough... i think it has some bad gas.. when i bought it i filled it up at a little small gas station out in the middle of no where..

Great run some seafoam through it. It will help.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's not so bad... It's not urgent, just shifts hard and is worn out after 236,000. After I build the new motor that'll be next.

Ryan

Thunder's trans got reeeeeeeal sloppy at 224k about 4 years ago, so that's what prompted the rebuild. I always read the E4OD is super expensive to rebuild, but $1500-1800 for a stock rebuild was the going rate at the time. I was curious about current prices, so I called the shop (buddy's shop in Raleigh, was just named #1 is the state) I have lined up to rebuild the Bronco's C6, and Lee said if I pulled the E4OD and dropped it off he typically charges $1750.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
build trans first......

or else you grenade the trans...

I've always been of the opinion, if you're on a budget or have to choose one or the other, fix the worst one first, then run the other til it blows or money allows.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Thunder's trans got reeeeeeeal sloppy at 224k about 4 years ago, so that's what prompted the rebuild. I always read the E4OD is super expensive to rebuild, but $1500-1800 for a stock rebuild was the going rate at the time. I was curious about current prices, so I called the shop (buddy's shop in Raleigh, was just named #1 is the state) I have lined up to rebuild the Bronco's C6, and Lee said if I pulled the E4OD and dropped it off he typically charges $1750.

key point on the cost though.... if you pulled the E4od and reinstalled it..

thats another $3-400 on average on top of the 1750 if the shop did it the pulling and install.. but what all does that include?

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
key point on the cost though.... if you pulled the E4od and reinstalled it..

thats another $3-400 on average on top of the 1750 if the shop did it the pulling and install.. but what all does that include?

Very true on labor costs. As for what consists of the rebuild...new tc, wear items and damaged parts. Here's his site:

http://www.tlctransmission.com/

Lee handles alot of the ECORS rigs, mud-n-hole trucks and has gained a great reputation simply by word of mouth. Here's a thread about one of his most recent 'Best of' awards-

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125117&highlight=

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts