Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

dropped off at trans shop

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well the new Flareside is dropped off at the trans shop..

AOD is getting rebuilt and bullet proofed. likely will be getting a shift kit installed as well to help firm up shifts and allow trans to last longer..

can't wait should have it back either friday or monday.. probably monday.... YAY!!!!

Also priced the exhaust.. from cat to Gen 2 lightning exhaust exit. with rolled slant cut dual tip.. straight piped.. $90 bucks... pretty awesome looking and im sure it'll sound great.. sounds great with no exhaust after catalytic converter

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
You'll really like that exit choice !! Had the Gibson Super Sport Truck exhaust on one of my trucks. It was crazy load. Exited in front of the right rear tire with dual polished slashed tips. Flareside is going to be a nice truck. :)

without a doubt.. the only thing i would change on this truck is the drivetrain.. i wish i had my Red Flaresides drivetrain.
Built 351W, built E4OD, 4.10 rear w/detroit locker.......

would be awesome in this truck..

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
without a doubt.. the only thing i would change on this truck is the drivetrain.. i wish i had my Red Flaresides drivetrain.
Built 351W, built E4OD, 4.10 rear w/detroit locker.......

would be awesome in this truck..

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
hahah true..

but i've very very happy with this truck.. honestly im happier with it than the red flareside. just simply cause its so much nicer to start with and the body is 99% Perfect.. only spot on body i've found an issue on was a quarter size ding in passenger front fender..

OH by the way..... trans is out and on the table to be pulled apart..

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Even though the AOD has a bad rep, the plus side is that if something fails, you don't have to chase down electrical gremlins.

Ryan

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
What pictures? It is at the trans shop lol. He is taking the right approach with this truck.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ive said before.. Transmissions are something i wont deal with till i have a better knowledge on them.. i have no idea how the internals work...

besides the only trans shop i'd ever trust with my truck.. has my transmission out on the table.

and as a courtesy to my wife yesterday i had the truck at the only repair shop i'd ever trust with my truck...
everything checked out near perfect.

JJ (tech) said "this is one of the most solid looking trucks i've seen thats this old. other than the transmission you got a very solid truck for a 1000 bucks."

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Those rims will really shine with a Mothers Power Ball and the results after clay barring are incredible. I forgot, but what's the interior like ?

yeah. i was just telling brad that i almost wanna go down to the trans shop and push the truck a 1/4 mile to the car wash to wash it so it can be clean while waiting on the transmission..

after the trans gets put back in im gonna take it for a long drive and then a car wash and photoshoot.

REALLY REALLY DIRTY.... but in good shape as long as its not stained to bad..

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
HAHAHA, you sound like me. First thing I did was clean up oldorange so it didn't look so bad (sat under a tree for some time) then went about replacing parts and tuning it up.

same with mine.. previous owner bought from nephew to help him out and didnt need it and it sat for bout 3 months.. getting started up every week or so to get the fluids going...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah it should look good when done.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Just curious- what's that going to run?

between 1k and 1500..

the 1500 number is gonna be if the gears need replacing also...

so if ya think bout it..

Im in the truck 1000... trans rebuild 1500...

and i've got a solid truck for 2500 with a brand new rebuilt transmission that should way outlast the engine.

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
just got back from trans shop.. got to talking with the builder. He's gonna do somethings in it.

the clutch packs are gonna be "high energy" along with the bands.. he's gonna bump up the pressure some. to firm the shifts up a good bit

im gonna hold off on the shift kit till a lil bit after since its gonna run bout 250 bucks extra after everything.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts