Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

do i need to join another forum?

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
ok i put wires on counter clockwise... i ran out of time ended up having to go to work.... Im gonna go to tdc and see if the numbers on harmonic balance are lined up... i was kinda rushing witch is my first mistake... I'll try re-timing it and let you guys know.. i work till Sunday tho... i wish i was just rich and could just sit around and work on stuff and not have to work lol

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
and does anyone know how to bypass the anti theft? i lost the original key and had one cut from the vin but it supposed only let it run for like 3 seconds

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
... i wish i was just rich and could just sit around and work on stuff and not have to work lol
You and just about every body else on this forum...
and does anyone know how to bypass the anti theft? i lost the original key and had one cut from the vin but it supposed only let it run for like 3 seconds

I believe there is no concrete way to bypass it.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I'm not sure about the Jeeps, but I know with the Fords you can attach the chipped key to the column and use a regular cut key, might be worth a shot...

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
ok i put wires on counter clockwise... i ran out of time ended up having to go to work.... Im gonna go to tdc and see if the numbers on harmonic balance are lined up... i was kinda rushing witch is my first mistake... I'll try re-timing it and let you guys know.. i work till Sunday tho... i wish i was just rich and could just sit around and work on stuff and not have to work lol

HOLD UP!....The distributor rotor turns in A CLOCKWISE motion,therefore the wires must be installed in a CLOCKWISE Fashion starting with #1...

BuzzGun79

Check Ebay for Jeep keys..got one for the wifes Grand cherokee 2010 model for 20 bucks..had it programmed for 50....

primetime

sawmill slave
smiliewhathesaid Stuff happens when they sit. Whack the bottom of the fuel tank with a rubber mallet or a chunk of wood. it isn`t a certified long term fix, but it might get you going. Check to make sure that you have power at the pump. Make sure the relay is being all he can be.

BuzzGun79

There is a Schrader valve on the fuel rail near the injectors...it looks like a tire valve stem with a cap...you can hook up a fuel pressure gauge there..with the key on the system should pressurize to 45-50 psi IF & when the pump is working.Yes i think most of us have been there......Patience does pay off in mechanical work as Matt Stated...Hang in there...:)

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
UPDATE!!! after replacing the fuel pump and getting the distributor on the right notch it fired right up!! I been driving it for few days now and it runs like a champ you can't even tell it has sit for 7 years... I'll post some pics and videos to show it off lol

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Just be careful laying into it to hard cause if it sad for 7 years with the rocker arms still tightened down then the valve springs are likely very weak and have a much greater chance of breaking

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Eh, I wouldn't be too worried. It's true, but I've run the shit out of lots of used engines that sat for years, and never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
Yeah i haven't got on it yet i figured id wait a couple thousand miles to pull anything or to hammer down... I was wondering some of the possible weaknesses of sitting so long?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Seals be dried up, valve springs like I said before.. Rings could be practically stuck and at some point could burn more oil than normal because the new/odd wear on the rings

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts