Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

do i need to join another forum?

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
ok so i have my 95 F250 but i recently started working on my 99 jeep cherokee.... do i need to go through the joining another forum thing? I've kinda grown fond of this forum and the people here are cool and seem to know what they're talking about (most) lol.... so could i ask jeep questions on here or do i need go somewhere else?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've seen Chevy questions, Kia questions, Dodge questions, etc etc...I think the guys around here will help in whatever way they can...but might not be as well versed as they are with the blue ovals.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Nah... Not unless you want to.. I won't lie I'm a member of a bout 10 different forums.. But only 2 of those others do I check nearly as often as here and those are local TNrace and tennspeed.. All others I check 1 a day and maybe post once every 3 days tips.. He'll a lot not even that..

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Never hurts to ask. If it is a 4.0L in it they are a common engine that's been around and I'm sure someone could point you in the right direction.
I've modded several Jeeps over the years. My Dad has Jeeps and so does a bunch of my friends. My wife has a 06 Wrangler.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
you might get a razzed a little but it's all just for fun. You'll get your questions answered. Off-road or general automotive would probably be the best spot for most of your questions.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Ask away! I ask questions about my Suburban all the time! We're happy to help as long as your still a blue oval driver at heart :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Its a Jeep thing, some of us understand.

Besides IMO, the XJ is the best budget family wheeler still on the road today. At least DC was kind enough to kill it off before it was discraced with IFS or some weak excuse for a V6...

The only dumb question is one not asked.

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
ok so I've had this jeep sitting for 7 years and decided to get it back on the road.. when it got parked i had just put a used motor in it and never hooked it up. well we hooked everything up and before trying to turn it over i pulled the plugs sprayed lube in the cylinders and primed the oil pump. so we got the motor all primed up and it wouldn't start... it was blowing out the intake.... Im thinking possibly a valve stuck open or got the distributor in 180 off.... any ideas? stuck valve is my first guess...

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
it's a4.0 99 cherokee 2wd i could see the valves moving when i was looking in the cylinder for the piston to come to tdc so the chain isn't broke...

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
I have to say timing as well.....starting at the front of the motor the firing order is..1-5-3-6-2-4.......Get # 1 cylinder to top dead center..rotor pointing to number 1 then wire accordingly to the order.....edit...The distributor rotor runs in a clockwise fashion..

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts