Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Yep, grade 8s. My brother gets all his Mechanic bolt supply through Lawson (think that's it) and he ordered me a few boxes. The one thing that too me more time was that where the chassis rivets where ground out, the hole size was just off enough for a bolt that I had to drill out each hole a bit in order for the bolt to fit nice and tight and not have muc give if any.

Just don't forget to make sure all the loose bolts are picked up. I have a stray bolt that was stuck in a hole on top of the frame rail (not sure who stuck it there, probably me) and I never did notice until I had my cab on. To this day, it just sits there loose. It's just long enough that I can't get it out. I could probably figure something out to get it out, but I'm leaving it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just don't forget to make sure all the loose bolts are picked up. I have a stray bolt that was stuck in a hole on top of the frame rail (not sure who stuck it there, probably me) and I never did notice until I had my cab on. To this day, it just sits there loose. It's just long enough that I can't get it out. I could probably figure something out to get it out, but I'm leaving it.

A dremel equipped with a cutoff wheel to shorten th bolt and then push it out the top.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm having a hell of a time trying to locate the front stabilzer links that run from the frame to the bar....no one seems to have any.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Cough cough...I'm pretty sure I saw those in an LMC when I skimmed through it last. I know I know, you feel the same about LMC as I do...but if they have it, someone else has to have it. So more words of encouragement than advice.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
^^^Cough cough...I'm pretty sure I saw those in an LMC when I skimmed through it last. I know I know, you feel the same about LMC as I do...but if they have it, someone else has to have it. So more words of encouragement than advice.

I've looked in the DC and JBG catalogues...and Bill checked for NOS...no dice...and I did check the LMC one...it shows it, but does not list it..page 107.
If I can't find one I will have to look into getting mine built up and run through a lathe.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like JBG carries ones that are 2'' longer than stock...so I suppose a person could get them...cut and weld them.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
1975/79 F100/350 Front Stabilizer (Sway Bar) Links & Bushing Kit

I'm having a hell of a time trying to locate the front stabilzer links that run from the frame to the bar....no one seems to have any.
Where have you looked for these Cannonball?

D5TZ5K483A = 1975/79 F100/350 2WD @ $15.00 each.

D8TZ5K483A = 1978/79 F150 4WD (except Super Cab) & 1978/79 Bronco @ $50.00 each.

Both are listed on page 22 in Dennis Carpenter's 1967/79 truck repro parts catalog.

D8TZ5A486A .. Bushing Kit-Stabilizer Bar Link / Available from Ford.

Fits: 1975/79 F100/350 2WD/4WD & 1978/79 Bronco, and into the 1990's on some others.

MSRP each: $16.63 // PARTSGUYED.COM (Horizon Ford in Seattle WA) price each: $11.98.

Carpenter also has these listed on page 22, but wants $18.00 each. :rotz:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
D7TZ5K483A Front Stabilizer Bar Link / Obsolete

Fits: 1978/79 F150 4WD Super Cab / 1977 F250 4WD from serial number Y20,001 (not a High Boy).

Fits: 1978/79 F250 4WD & 1979 F350 4WD.

BELL-MCCALL MOTOR CO. in Hamilton MT has ONE = 406-363-2011.

No other Ford Dealer, no obsolete parts vendor has any.
-------------------------------------------------------
BKW's (NumberDummy) usual b!tch:

It's bad enough that y'all have no Ford Truck Parts Catalogs. It's ridiculous you don't have Carpenter's repro truck parts catalogs...they're free.

All it takes is a phone call (800-476-9653 ~ 704-786-8139), or you can download the puppies off the net.

The Ford truck (and car) parts catalogs are available from hipoparts.com on CD's. Since Dennis (Mil1ion) and I have these, and y'all don't, both of are besieged for part number requests.

Both of us are in our 60's, both of us suffer from multiple disabilities...so how long will either of us live?

Y'all will be SOL if one or both of us croaks.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Where have you looked for these Cannonball?

D5TZ5K483A = 1975/79 F100/350 2WD @ $15.00 each.

D8TZ5K483A = 1978/79 F150 4WD (except Super Cab) & 1978/79 Bronco @ $50.00 each.

Both are listed on page 22 in Dennis Carpenter's 1967/79 truck repro parts catalog.

D8TZ5A486A .. Bushing Kit-Stabilizer Bar Link / Available from Ford.

Fits: 1975/79 F100/350 2WD/4WD & 1978/79 Bronco, and into the 1990's on some others.

MSRP each: $16.63 // PARTSGUYED.COM (Horizon Ford in Seattle WA) price each: $11.98.

Carpenter also has these listed on page 22, but wants $18.00 each. :rotz:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
D7TZ5K483A Front Stabilizer Bar Link / Obsolete

Fits: 1978/79 F150 4WD Super Cab / 1977 F250 4WD from serial number Y20,001 (not a High Boy).

Fits: 1978/79 F250 4WD & 1979 F350 4WD.

BELL-MCCALL MOTOR CO. in Hamilton MT has ONE = 406-363-2011.

No other Ford Dealer, no obsolete parts vendor has any.
-------------------------------------------------------
BKW's (NumberDummy) usual b!tch:

It's bad enough that y'all have no Ford Truck Parts Catalogs. It's ridiculous you don't have Carpenter's repro truck parts catalogs...they're free.

All it takes is a phone call (800-476-9653 ~ 704-786-8139), or you can download the puppies off the net.

The Ford truck (and car) parts catalogs are available from hipoparts.com on CD's. Since Dennis (Mil1ion) and I have these, and y'all don't, both of are besieged for part number requests.

Both of us are in our 60's, both of us suffer from multiple disabilities...so how long will either of us live?

Y'all will be SOL if one or both of us croaks.

I have both the parts catalogue and the shop manual...if you will recall one of our telephone conversations, you even told me that there were a lot of errors etc. in them.
How I missed those parts listed in Carpenters catalogue, I don't know...feel free to give me the gears over that one :D
I see that you have posted a place that has one of the links...the email you sent me dated Sept. 23, stated that no one had any.
Also noted in the email from me to you was:

Hi again Bill,
I think I might have figured out the part # for them.....D8TZ5K483A....I then did a search on those part numbers and a post at FTE showed up...you then listed 3 places that had them....I will try them.

I found that part number using the reference material that I bought on CD.
As well as the Ford shop manual and parts manual, I also have the Carpenter, JBG and *gasp* the LMC catalogue for trying to find parts before I ask here.
You and Dennis are a great valuable asset to this site and others and speaking for myself, I try to find out information other ways before asking here or e-mailing you...and in this particular case I had found the part number, so I really don't know why the reaction...if it was me missing it in the Carpenter catalogue, then hey, like I said...razz away :D
As far as the comment of age and disabilites...you are talking to a guy with a terminal disease...so that comment will garner a shrug from me...when it's our time, it's our time.
Edit..that last line was not meant to be combative...just my feeling when I hear or read statements such as what you said..and that applies to anyone.

Last edited:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I really need to invest the $21 into my own CD for at least the 1980-1989 trucks.

It's kinda hard to find Bill and Million on here, and they can't be here at all hours of the day.

Duncan, Bill's just ranting, i've seen him do that for 2 years now. He does these rants all the time, especially on teh other site. I find them quite comical, especially on the guys that don't search and just ask.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I really need to invest the $21 into my own CD for at least the 1980-1989 trucks.

It's kinda hard to find Bill and Million on here, and they can't be here at all hours of the day.

Duncan, Bill's just ranting, i've seen him do that for 2 years now. He does these rants all the time, especially on teh other site. I find them quite comical, especially on the guys that don't search and just ask.

One of the first things I did was to get the CD's.
I have made it a point to search and read before asking questions and I can understand the frustration they sometimes must feel when a simple search will yield and answer that has probably been answered by one of them.
In this particular case as noted there was previous discussion by email on the 23rd...so IMO, a rant is really not warranted in this case....unless of course the rant is in regards to myself missing it in the DC catalogue.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I always tend to ask things nobody else has asked and no search can yield.

I wish that I didn't have to bug them with my questions. I'm pretty sure i'll be able to cough up the $21 before they pass on though. I will definitely be doing it soon. I'm really interested in what they have in them now.

I see where you're coming from too though. He could've dealt with an idiot today on FTE, and it just had him riled up.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ordered up some NOS parts today...lock tumblers, ignition, wiper motor and some DC things.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Ordered up some NOS parts today...lock tumblers, ignition, wiper motor and some DC things.

Duncan when you get your DC parts would you let me know how it is? I was with a friend about 4 years ago when we stopped at DC it was a bad experience all the way around.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Duncan when you get your DC parts would you let me know how it is? I was with a friend about 4 years ago when we stopped at DC it was a bad experience all the way around.

No problem...it will be a couple of weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts