Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dentside Ford parts you wish were being reproduced

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Speaking of LMC; AMERICAN TRUCK, a new magazine from Custom Classic Trucks just hit the stands. It is all Chevy & GMC & all LMC adds. They should also do a FORD mag.

They do...it's called True Blue Trucks. And there's also Bronco Driver.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Midship tank tub for 78 and 79 4X4s. I just had to build one (came out nice though)

I second that!!!!!!!!!! What did you build it out of, and did you have to replace the rubber insert for the fill line and vent line? I looked high and low but couldn't find a supplier for those.

smilieFordlogo Just had to use that smilie...

For me:
1) a burled wood factory horn button that doesnt cost an arm and a leg. $125 most places.
2) a factory ford am/fm radio repro that has either a cord or a discreet port for MP3 hookup.
3) an electric fuel tank switch valve.
4) arrordable fan shrouds.
5) The factory 8 slot aluminum rims off the Pace Truck would be too dang nice...
6) The Free Wheeling Stripe packages...
7) The Explorer Stripe packages.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
On number 2, about the stereo...Retro makes a 2 post unit with jack on the front. Isn't a Ford, but at least it fits with no cutting or modifying...and looks like a unit from the era.

On number 2, about the stereo...Retro makes a 2 post unit with jack on the front. Isn't a Ford, but at least it fits with no cutting or modifying...and looks like a unit from the era.

Thanks, i saw it but opted for a Ford Philco i got for $10... for now...

I'd like to see reproduction wiring harnesses to replace PO's hatchet jobs. Spent about a week taking out the wiring from the plug in the firewall all the way back to the tail lights and cutting out crimp connectors and soldering the wires and heat shrinking them. Turned out pretty well, removed some of the most rotted original looming, put electrical tape around it, and covered the whole line with black split loom. Seems like the lights are brighter now all around, and even in the instrument panel.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Probably would have been easier just to strip all the wiring out and replacing with a good aftermarket harness that is much better than original.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Centech seems to be the best. I've also heard of a place called Dolphin that makes a good product too. And for the rear harness, Mr. Tail Light used to produce a good unit...dunno if they still have it though.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I used the centech harness and even though it took some time I was very happy with it. There were a couple connectors I had to get from a donor harness like the door jamb light connectors, but most of it was very simple. It came with Ford connectors.

Lmc makes window seals but the door panels are just like buying another truck, maybe a good one for parts if I could find one would be cheaper, oop dreaming again parts are running out for 78/79 Bronco that are good used.

actually LMC doesn't make anything

They repack items they bought from others

Speaking of others there is an american based company making parts

It is a small company but it appears they are trying.
I replied to an ebay ad about where they get their parts they have online

Here is their reply on scuff plates

Dear capgokc,

who made these items ?

asian or American (dennis Carpenter)

Regards.
Dennis
mil1ion1

Dear mil1ion1,

These are our plates. Dales Mfg Co.

http://www.dalesmfg.com/
- capgokc

aka:
http://www.classicautopartsonlinecatalog.com/skin/entrymap/NewObsoleteFord.asp?SkinId=7.1.9.27

I second that!!!!!!!!!! What did you build it out of, and did you have to replace the rubber insert for the fill line and vent line? I looked high and low but couldn't find a supplier for those.

I believe bronco graveyard, lmc, dennis carpenter, and many other companies all sell the filler and vent hoses. I bought mine locally from a local ford truck parts guy. Ended up being cheaper (52.00 with tax) than any of the other places since I didn't have to pay shipping. I hate waiting for things to be shipped anyway.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Yes, they do. I bought the hoses from JBG. BUT, they don't make the rubber inserts for the midship tank that the metal connector fits into. I have been unable to find those. I did find a decent one at a scrap yard, but it is leaking now also.

I have some fuel tanks and fuel filler parts from a 75 F250 4x2 of that helps?

Brown mirrored visors
Can't find a whole lot of the darker brown interior pieces that aren't junk

Ditto on that, my interior is brown and other than painting other colored parts nobody seems to sell my color. I'd add Ca. smog parts for the engine along with secondary battery tray copies, and a decent headliner that doesn't sag after a couple of months.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
300 I6.....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts