Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dennis Carpenter??

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I thought so too...but then got talking with Bill, some line up, some don't...and some of the stuff is fabricated to sound good.

Good to know!

gsxr1238

Be fast.....or be last.
Purchased new ones for '79 F250 last year at RockAuto.They were Metro seals as well.Payed around $16.00 a seal for them.Good firm cell rubber and fit well.Really doesn't matter what seals you use,they still have to be glued into place and held there until the adhesive sets.And the part about the door slamming can be alleviated by adjusting the hinges.My.02.

On another forum I read a post about a guy using the seal from a newer model truck and it working much better. It goes on without any glue. I asked the question about what year models would work but got no response. Anybody know anything about this?

When I replaced the weather strip on my 77 last year, I think I used weatherstrip specified for a 92-96. It has a rubber coated metal u-channel, with weatherstripping attached, that slides over the lip on the top and sides of the door. HOWEVER, you will still need a section of weather strip from a 73-79 for the floor section. The 92-96 won't work there.

Replacement was a breeze up until the floor section.

Fordedselfanatic

'77 F250 SC 390 T18
^^^The statements in bold are a complete contradiction...which is it?

Reading is fundamental. Go back and read it again. This time, don't cherry pick parts of my statement out of context.

Between DC, and LMC, DC had the best price.
But for generic weather strip (What I received), my local parts house would have been much cheaper.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Reading is fundamental. Go back and read it again. This time, don't cherry pick parts of my statement out of context.

Between DC, and LMC, DC had the best price.
But for generic weather strip (What I received), my local parts house would have been much cheaper.

Listen up crotch stain...say whacha mean and mean whacha say boy. Nowhere in this did you say you were comparing between Dennis Carpenter and XXX, DC was cheaper...you simply said DC was the best price. I'll rebold what you said:

I restored my truck (77 F250) using mostly LMC parts. Last week I decided to replace the weather strip on both doors. Dennis Carpenter had the best price, so I ordered from them. I got the package today.

I have to say, I'm disappointed. I expected molded, factory replica parts. What I got was generic weather strip pieces that I could have bought WAY cheaper at my local parts house. This stuff looks nothing like the original factory weather strip on my doors.

Looking at the Dennis Carpenter catalog, there were two additional pieces of weather strip that glue to the top of the doors. My truck didn't have those, so I bought them too. Since I didn't have those pieces from the factory, I can't compare them to the stuff I got from Carpenter. I can tell you that like the door frame strips, these door pieces have no bends molded in. They wont lay flat around the bends.

Anyway, this order was kind of a letdown for me. I won’t be ordering anything else from Carpenter.

Just wanted to share my experience, and maybe save someone else from making the same mistake. (And save you $100.00)

YMMV…

No cherry picking there...that's everything you said. Sorry dude, I'm not a mind reader, the only thing I can help with is good information, and that is completely up to how well or, in this case, how poorly your relay your message. So I believe the lack of clear and coherent communication on your part is the fundamental issue. So now if you'll excuse me, I'll stop wasting my time with your piddly bull sh!t.

Last edited:

Fordedselfanatic

'77 F250 SC 390 T18
So now if you'll excuse me said:
You're excused. I never asked for your input in the first place.
I've noticed that you are quite the post whore on this site.
Like it's some quest in life you have to add your drivel to every thread that's posted here.
I can get by without you further sh!tting in mine.

Last edited:

Fordedselfanatic

'77 F250 SC 390 T18
Now that we've finished listening to the ******** from the cheap seats, I'll add this...

I may have been a bit hasty in my judgement of the DC weatherstrip.
I pulled my old weatherstrip, and installed the stuff from DC.
It seemed to mold itself around the contours of my door frame, and make a good seal.
When I was finished with the job, I had to admit that it turned out pretty well.
So...after re-evaluating the DC weather strip post installation, I have to give it a thumbs up.
That's not to say that someone couldn't get some simular generic weatherstip from J.C. Whitney, or a local parts house for considerably less money and accomplish the same thing.

YMMV

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Subscribing. This is gonna get funny real soon.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You making friends again Ben? smilietease

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sure looks like it hahaha

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You're excused. I never asked for your input in the first place..

Last I checked, I wasn't the one that posted an ambiguous question on an open forum. That was your doing, not mine. So yes, you were asking for help...and I did answer your question.

I've noticed that you are quite the post whore on this site.
Like it's some quest in life you have to add your drivel to every thread that's posted here.
I can get by without you further sh!tting in mine.

I believe you were the one that came with the drivel, I answered your questions. And you're right, being a postwhore here is all I've ever aspired to do. As long as I can maintain top post count, my life will remain complete. Or maybe that post count has gotten so high because of constantly answering dumba$$ questions like you posted.

Now that we've finished listening to the ******** from the cheap seats, I'll add this...

I may have been a bit hasty in my judgement of the DC weatherstrip.
I pulled my old weatherstrip, and installed the stuff from DC.
It seemed to mold itself around the contours of my door frame, and make a good seal.
When I was finished with the job, I had to admit that it turned out pretty well.
So...after re-evaluating the DC weather strip post installation, I have to give it a thumbs up.
That's not to say that someone couldn't get some simular generic weatherstip from J.C. Whitney, or a local parts house for considerably less money and accomplish the same thing.

YMMV

Umm...I told you so:

While that's your prerogative...DC is hands down the best reproduction parts source out there. Hell, they used to supply JBG with their products and they used to (still might) send their reject stuff to LMC, which LMC would sell for full retail. So...while the WS may not have been what you expected, you're not going to find a better parts source outside of finding NOS/OEM stuff or going to Green Sales.

^^^But I suppose that was just drivel the first time around, right??????/

Subscribing. This is gonna get funny real soon.

Ehhh...sorry. I was out and about unable to post my drivel to any thread. My entire world stopped turning because I was completely unsure if I retained my top postcount/postwhore status. Luckily though, the FE clown kept me informed.

You making friends again Ben? smilietease

You know it Dman.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Or maybe that post count has gotten so high because of constantly answering dumba$$ questions like you posted.
Or answering the same fracatta questions over and over again because people haven't discovered the search feature, or are too dense or lazy to use it.

Then...there are some members whose memories are no better than a jackass...you type the info, then when someone else asks the same fracatta question, these clucks cannot remember what you posted, so...

They either don't respond or give wrong info...I see this CACA del TORO every day. Then...it's necessary to correct the info the clucks typed.

Ben, get over it...it's not worth getting into a lather about...there are some people you just cannot reach.

btw: On t'other site, have typed over 31,000 posts since 11/2006. Some are redundant due to the reasons I typed above.

Examples: FE flywheel specs / Fuel tank float / Cannister fuel filter / 2V carb kit = I've prolly typed this same fracatta info 500 TIMES.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the support Bill. You're right, I just still have that young, dumb, and full of ______ mentality and don't let things roll as easily as I should. Good to see your post.

Canyouhearmenow.jpg

63bc0b.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I can't imagaine how bad that would be, especially with a dog's heightened sense of smell, or used to be heightened sense of smell. His olefactory bulbs probably just left the building.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I can't imagaine how bad that would be, especially with a dog's heightened sense of smell, or used to be heightened sense of smell. His olefactory bulbs probably just left the building.

I bet he wishes he was a pug.

Ford Truck Articles