Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DD. Build

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Quick question. On the 351 I know a 650cfm is suggested but ifound a great deal on a 750.. am I createing more problems???? By using a 750cfm vs a 650 cfm Carb?

Get it, and IF their right and it does not work; I'll trade ya for the one that came off my 5.0.. (Vac or DP)

Youll drown it and it wont have any low end if ya get it to run.

Agreed...you'd have to jet down pretty far to get that thing to run remotely right.

I call BS, I see no reason for it not to work...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I call BS, I see no reason for it not to work...

Read up on carbs...the number one problem for guys using carbs is they think bigger is better. Not true, results in too much fuel, hard to tune right, and takes away from the bottom end. Like I said, it doesn't mean it can't be used, but it'll need to be jetted down pretty far to be used and if not, anything 'extra' most guys think a big carb will yield is useless. A 351 wouldn't need anything more than 600cfm, unless it's hopped up pretty good. Keep in mind, 460's (109 more ci) came stock with a 600cfm carb.

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
i would say, 75% of the people with hopped up diesels dont fully understand when u add more fuel un eed to add more air. most guys throw on an intake/exhaust, tune and maybe injectors. with larger injectors it'll smoke more and push the EGTs to the borderline. adding a more efficent and larger turbo will clear up most of the smoke. only real time it'll smoke is on a hard pull out or when being lugged. a very faint light gray haze pulling out is normal.

on the carb end, the 460 with a 600 is severly strangled. i would say, a 750 cfm carb would run OK on a 351, it is a little large but its not like the truck wont run. would said 351 be bone stock or have a few add ons?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Well I have decided to fxc bc up and dd it, then I'm gunna buy a trefiddy for a toy, comes with a bb and tons from the start.

So the truck is currently with out an interior and is going to be cleaned up and completely redone. I will likely stay with the ttb front for awhile.

Trucks going to be redone front to rear so it can handle dd duty, it will keep the 37"s too. Likely go with a 4.56 regear but might jump to 4.88. Not sure at the moment.

Pics and updates to come.

Once I really get rolling ill start a big project thread. :)

Ford Truck Articles