Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Converting to roller Lifters?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I got it off Ebay :D
hehehe paid 80 bucks for it and it works great..
As for what brand it looks the same as my Proform.

SC
Procomp or one of their spinoffs. If your truck starts running screwy pull the dizzy. They are well known to be massive POSs.

SC
Kris, what do you think about quadrajunk carbs?

they have their place I guess.

To be honest I dont know a lot about them. 99% of all aftermarket intakes are 4150 or 4500 flange so Ive never run one.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I've seen quadrajunks run excellent on Ford big blocks.....

EDIT: that engine just omg omg omg I went from wearing loose jeans to damn near spandex, let's put it that way

SC
They might run good on stock or mild BBFs. Give me a Quickfuel any day over every other brand of carb.

SC
EDIT: that engine just omg omg omg I went from wearing loose jeans to damn near spandex, let's put it that way

Nothing all that fancy about it. Just another mild 521 build. In the last couple years if a BBF doesnt make 1000hp its nothing special.

I had a quadrajunk and it was crap right out the box. I've heard that you either get a good one or bad one out of the box...no making them run better no matter what you do. Trade it in for another one until you get a good one lol

I've also heard the reason why people turned to Quadrajunk was the off-road reliability on extreme angles...

SC
I've also heard the reason why people turned to Quadrajunk was the off-road reliability on extreme angles...

Im not a carb guy but simple tweaks can take a holley style carb 45* or better and over any amount of bumps you can throw at it. Watch the video of my truck in the "Whats up guys?" thread and notice how much bouncing is going on through all the ruts an the motor never stumbles. ;-) tricks of the trade.

SC
Yeah well for the rest of us normal people, we're usually happy with 4-500 horses ;)

Ive been catching some greif because I went with a hydraulic cam and Im not making 800hp NA. :hammer:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Quadrajet came factory on the 427 sohc. I used those carbs a lot 20 some years ago...worked well when they were set up properly.

SC
Quadrajet came factory on the 427 sohc.

You sure about that?

The 427 HR and 427 SOHC used a very similar carb with only metering changes and I know for a fact the 427 HR uses a 4150 flange Holley style carb.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You are right, the 429 not 427....memory is slipping.

SC
Heres a pic of John Holman of Holman and Moody in 1967 showing numerous SOHCs. The two carbs on the engine up front are not Q-jets.

jcraftcoll1967johnholman-counttheca.jpg

SC
You are right, the 429 not 427....memory is slipping.

regular production 429s used q-jets and spreadbore carbs. Nothing Ford performance has ever used one.

Dont take me as an a-hole. Contrary to popular belief thats not what I am. I just know an aweful lot about Ford motors.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts