Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Codes 211 & 335

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yup. Clamped down. Keep in mind that the pip code survived through me taking my dist out and completely dismantling it to change the pip sensor.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Was there ever a resolution to this problem Chris?

Did you ever clear the code and see if it came back after the work you have done on it?
And after clearing it did you check to see if it was still there without starting the engine?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yes I did both. It's a CM code so it would stick around unless I cleared the codes and even if I cleared them it would pop right back up as soon as I started the engine again.

I havent actually checked the codes in a while but last I did it was still popping up over and over.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Almost all of the ground are little slide on clips...
If a grounding issue could cause it i would check out the cheap ground ford used....

If you get some time it cant hurt...

Make sure both ends are not grounded. If you ground both ends you will have this kind of problem.
Only ground one end.

The ground shield for the Ignition PIP wiring.
If you look at a Ford diagram they all show it only ground at one end.
If you ground both ends it becomes a conductor and not a shield.

The PIP code is only in CM.
That means the code will remain there for 60 or 80 start ups unless you clear the code..
Ground the STI wire and turn on the key. When the MIL in the cluster starts to flash out a code remove the ground from the STI wire and then turn off the key. The codes in CM will then be cleared.

Correct, I have cleared the CM code and put a few hundred on this dizzy.

I will say that I actually only replaced the dizzy once because the first two weren't the right year from Napa. The '95 didnt line up so I'm rocking a '96 in my 1995 f150. Worth trying another dizzy??

Note that most distributors you buy from an auto supplier have bad PIP sensors in them unless you buy a new one and not a rebuilt one.

You can also replace the PIP sensor in the one that you have if you are able to tear a distributor all the way down.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts