Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Codes 211 & 335

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on a junkyard ICM that is the same as mine. I have a feeling that if I buy one and it doesnt work then they'll tell me I can't return it cuz I already plugged it in...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
You dont know the exact mileage on your truck? I can give to the closest 100 miles in all 4 of mine lol. I remember the when i have to do all the oil changes in my head. Yea thats sad

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Cuz I really don't care that much... I take note of when I hit another 1000 miles but that's about it; and even then it's not a big deal unless it's a 10k mark.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
You dont care, you only stare at the dash every time u drive. Lol goober.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Somewhere around 115-120k.

I'm gonna be honest... for somebody who cares SO much about his truck, I figured you kept better track of it...

Heck, I can tell you within about 5k mileage on most of my friends cars, much less my own! 'smiliecrazy'

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm gonna be honest... for somebody who cares SO much about his truck, I figured you kept better track of it...

Heck, I can tell you within about 5k mileage on most of my friends cars, much less my own! 'smiliecrazy'
Well I suppose I could refer to my fuel logs and give you a number that is accurate to 150 miles (generally drive 150 miles on a tank).

I think the reason I probably don't keep track anymore is because I hate watching the miles rack up :(

At last fill up I had 117,053

Just to add, you should still be able to replicate some of the icm tests. It is basically the same part, just some are mounted directly on the distributor. Hope this helps.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well Larry (Lost) was kind enough to ship me 2 ignition control modules (also known as TFI modules) that he had lying around in his parts piles. I didn't want to set out and spend over $100 if I wasn't sure that the part was bad. Glad I didn't... Because after testing both of the other ICM's in my truck-- it doesn't appear that my ICM is bad :headbang:

Neither of the other ICM's fixed my PIP code. Truck felt like it was running the same on all 3 ICM's too. Sitting in the driver seat while it's idling, I can feel a very harmonic vibration from the engine. Smooooothhhh..... SHAAAAAKE..... smooooothhh...... SHAAAAAKE...... smoooooth.... You get the idea. It's like clockwork-- very uniform time intervals between the vibrations. Also the vibrations are very slight, but quite noticable.

Ideas anyone? I feel like the next step is just to do a full tune up (even though I did one about 20k miles ago). But I was reading a thread on FSB and now I'm starting to wonder if I have a bad ground somewhere...

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2270972#post2270972

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've also read in a couple places that it can be caused by an on-board transmitter such as a 2-way radio... I've got a CB in my truck... But I can clear this code and it'll pop right back up again without me ever turning on my radio. Could my radio be causing these problems even if it's not on?

Why would a radio cause this problem?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I can't imagine interference from the radio is your issue, but if your Cobra is like my Uniden, you can unplug the power wire from the back of the radio pretty easily. It sure won't cause any issues when it's not plugged in...

*I'm gonna laugh my rear off if the problem is interference from your iPhone. Just throwin' that out there...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I can't imagine interference from the radio is your issue, but if your Cobra is like my Uniden, you can unplug the power wire from the back of the radio pretty easily. It sure won't cause any issues when it's not plugged in...

*I'm gonna laugh my rear off if the problem is interference from your iPhone. Just throwin' that out there...
iPhone ain't puttin' out any weird signals that other 3G cell phones wouldn't be puttin' out. So put that in your pipe and smoke it :p

I was thinking about unplugging the radio and testing but it just seems so far fetched and it's kind of a hassle to clear the code, start the truck, let it run, shut it down, reconnect, read codes... Ugh... I've done it so many damned times.

I would look at the plug wires very close at night to see if you have any arcing.

Other possible causes:
Loose wires/connectors including the PCM plug and its pins.
Arcing secondary ignition components (coil, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, etc.).
On-board transmitter (2-way radio).
Verify all radio and condenser installations. Carefully follow manufacturer's installation instructions regarding the routing of antenna and power leads.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'll check all of my secondary ignition stuff and I think I might just do a full tune up for the hell of it. When I replaced my stator I saw that the rotor and the contacts in the dist cap were a bit corroded so maybe it's about time anyway.

Bill you think my CB radio could be causing the problem even if it's not powered on?

Bill you think my CB radio could be causing the problem even if it's not powered on?
No not if is not powered up.
Without reading the whole post, did you just replace the PIP sensor or the whole distributor?
The bushings may be out of the distributor.
If you just miss one PIP then you will get that code.
You may have distributor wobble.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
No not if is not powered up.
Without reading the whole post, did you just replace the PIP sensor or the whole distributor?
The bushings may be out of the distributor.
If you just miss one PIP then you will get that code.
You may have distributor wobble.
Replaced just the PIP sensor. I don't know exactly what the tolerances are but when the dist is mounted in the truck and I try to wiggle the shaft I can't make it budge at all.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts