Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Check out my mint NEW 79 f250..(pics)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
All joking aside, but what in the hell are you going to do with this thing.
Where the heck did you find it, it looks like its been buried in salt for 20 years.

See this post for what he wants with it (I think he even said he was gonna use the front D60 in his black truck):

its so far gone i'm going to scrap it..

im going to keep the axles, t-case, transmission. im going to take out the cover for the radio because some one hacked mine out. im going to take out the back window and put it in place of my old slider that leaks and has a bunch of racing stickers on it that i used to cover some blemishes.

i honestly like this truck and i can't figure out why..

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
If the out side looks that bad I whats the guts of those diffs look like? and they are so rusted you would have to blast them to get that rot of them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If the out side looks that bad I whats the guts of those diffs look like? and they are so rusted you would have to blast them to get that rot of them.

That may be true...but that axle in that condition is easily worth $8-1000 in that condition. Try pricing out one in good condition and that price easily doubles.

the axles are not rusty actually on the outside and of course there was gear oil inside... they are going to be rebuilt and 5.13 gears are going to be installed..

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
its so far gone i'm going to scrap it..

im going to keep the axles, t-case, transmission. im going to take out the cover for the radio because some one hacked mine out. im going to take out the back window and put it in place of my old slider that leaks and has a bunch of racing stickers on it that i used to cover some blemishes.

i honestly like this truck and i can't figure out why..

aww come on...dont scrap it! just take that fender off so it dont rub the tires, and use it as a beater till the motor blows up...

smilieeatndrink

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
aww come on...dont scrap it! just take that fender off so it dont rub the tires, and use it as a beater till the motor blows up...

smilieeatndrink

I like your style...plenty of life left in that ol' dentside...haha.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I'm jealous, I can't find a D60 for my '79 250 to save my life! Nice find.

I do have to ask though, why is the diff cover missing almost all of the bolts?

Hopefully it didn't sit too long that way.

And what's with the torch work on the passenger side fender?

Irregardless....*****'n find!

Last edited:
I'm jealous, I can't find a D60 for my '79 250 to save my life! Nice find.

I do have to ask though, why is the diff cover missing almost all of the bolts?

Hopefully it didn't sit too long that way.

And what's with the torch work on the passenger side fender?

Irregardless....*****'n find!

the guy took them off to see if there was fluid in there when he got it. im going to have my axles rebuilt with 5.13's and detroits when i get this thing in my other truck so i'm not afraid of some surface rust.

it took me 2 years or so to find a deal on one close at the same time i had some spare money, just keep looking like once a week online and you will find one.

Nice.... I see it has a free flowing exhaust ...they are expensive .

oh crap...i forgot some of the best engineering on this truck..there is tin roofing material shoved up in the passenger side wheel well for an inner fender! ill get pics tomorrow.

as for the torch marks? who knows lol. too many cocktails is my guess

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts