Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Canopy project

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn Mark, that looks awesome. I think canopies are one of those accessories that some trucks can pull off and some can't. I don't think one would look too good on mine, but will look killer on yours.

Wow! This is going to look just as nice as a set of 36D's. Absolute beauty.... You paint it yourself Mark?

001-21.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments,everybody !

Ben I hope it looks good.

Scott , Same friend that painted the truck painted the shell. He's got a paint booth. All the work is in the prep and taping though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Your making me want one for my 250 now.

An all black one in the near future?

great job painting by your friend.

I was thinking the same thing and then Mark said he did his truck too. Mark, is this friend the world's best kept secret, does he have a shop, or is this a hobby for him?

An all black one in the near future?

That was the original plan with that old brown one, all black with black tinted windows. Thought it would look killer on there and also make the truck look taller. What a dumbass I was for letting it go.

Scott , I've got another that I bought for parts that is structurally intact , which is hard to come by. The door was broke like 95% of them.
I'd give it to you if you were closer.

And my painter friend does some here and there,he's retired Norfolk Fire Dept.
But he loves his shop,
While we were working on my shell, there was a guy came in with a 72 Challenger that wanted some work done, I think I have pictures.

Edit : Started a thread on " 72 Challenger"

Last edited:
Scott , I've got another that I bought for parts that is structurally intact , which is hard to come by. The door was broke like 95% of them.
I'd give it to you if you were closer.

If I were closer I'd take it Mark, thanks.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Mark,
It does look great! I look forward to seeing it on your truck! I would have loved to have one of the Ford shells for Burt, but couldn't find one out here at the time, so I had one made by a company called "Lifetime". It's aluminum, lightweight, and custom shaped to the rake of the cab, both the back and the side. I'm happy with it, but sure wish I could have found one like you did had the resources to restore one! Good job!

Here is mine:
389186989.jpg

Dak

Last edited:
And I was just out in Hingham, Ma last week to. I was going to give you a call but I had to get back to take care of my customer with some other work.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Probably because you were too busy spreading teh ghey in other threads...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HAHA that is so true :rolling laugh:

Canopy looks great!! I wish Ford made them for shortbeds.

Last edited:

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
Hey Mark...I willl wave as I pass by on the way to Hatteras the 3rd week of July...considering taking the 78 Bronco down as a second rig and possibly towing the boat also, just look for the Tahoe and/or Bronco w/ the Jersey plates...:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Might be a month or so before I can get back to this project. .:headbang:
July week ends are always full of family things and work is picking up so week days are out

Sheesh...what happened to a guy doing what's important:headbang:

Hey Mark...I willl wave as I pass by on the way to Hatteras the 3rd week of July...considering taking the 78 Bronco down as a second rig and possibly towing the boat also, just look for the Tahoe and/or Bronco w/ the Jersey plates...:)

You headin to NC? Got any good parts you wanna give away to your favorite North Carolinian?

I'll be in Connecticut for a family reunion, parents anniversary, and my dads birthday,, all wrapped into one party.

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
You headin to NC? Got any good parts you wanna give away to your favorite North Carolinian?[/QUOTE]

Ben....it is a good thing that you don't know where the 'cookie jar' of Ford parts are and you don't live close..:)....what are you needing? I have a good running 351/400 ???? not sure what is in there ...all I know is that it has about 40k on the rebuild...parts truck stored in the cookie jar...

Mark..wave as you pass....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts