Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Can i take the cats off?

Then I would move there just to bug the chit out of ya.

Naw dude, you wouldnt bug me. We could just hang out and kick it. Everyone from FTF is welcome. :)

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Hey not sure bout ur area but the Advance Discount Auto parts by me sells the new Thrush welded mufflers...look and sound like a flowmaster but only 35 bucks...might look into that...I'd get a sound clip my my exhaust is still a work in progress and my header gaskets are leaking.BTW NO PAPER HEADERS GASKETS!!!!!!!!I'm finally gonna ditch em and get a set of copper ones......and eventually some aluminums....

Mine is 3in pipe throughout (with the cat of course... california... [confused]), and a no name muffler I will probably remove.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Mine was obnoxiously loud with the glasspacks on it...I had to have somethin mellower...now I just gotta throw my reese hitch on (25 dollar special) then adjust my exhaust for the Big Wazoo tip to come out at an angle......omg I'm salivating already...hurry up Cody!I wanna hear ur truck man!

Mine was obnoxiously loud with the glasspacks on it...I had to have somethin mellower...now I just gotta throw my reese hitch on (25 dollar special) then adjust my exhaust for the Big Wazoo tip to come out at an angle......omg I'm salivating already...hurry up Cody!I wanna hear ur truck man!
LOL! I will get it done as soon as i can when school is out!
I got 2 1/4 all the way way.....the backpressure is perfect...my mid and high end power is phenomenal!

Oh...will the back pressure be alright if i put 2 1/2 in pipes on my truck?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
it'll be fine.......you could even go 3 inch...but always remember too much backpressure is just as bad as not enough...it can kill your powerband...the 2 1/2 will be fine though man.

Ford Truck Articles