Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bilstein's - which ones?

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Ryan
It's on the website. I was checking parts / prices and when I input the info, one of the questions that pops up is "is it 4 wheel drive"

there are other questions too that I don't know how to answer. Will be contacting my mechanic and a local store.

Fellro

Staff member
only two options, 4wd or 2wd. if they are asking full time vs part time, they are a couple decades off. Even if they are thinking 4wd vs awd, still not a proper question for the age truck.

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
4600s (yellow) are stock replacements, 5100s (alm finish) are for lifted and the 5150s (alm finish) are 5100s in custom valving and lenghts.

I have the 5100/5150 combo on my 93 F150and they are awsome. I have the 4600s on my 88 F350 and they totally changed the ride. Albiet i had stock 24 yr old shocks on, the ride now is great. There are a few sources online that sell em cheaper...i think shockwarehouse is one of em. Allshocks is another and they had a package deal that is slightly cheaper if u buy it over 4 (or 6 if u have the handling package) indivially and free shipping.

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Decision was taken out of my hands today. I needs shocks by 5/4 and Bilstein is backordered on one of the sets. No supplier had them. Stood at counter while she called several so I do believe.

Ended up going with Rancho's. They were more expensive, $114 vs $84 but they came down to $95 ea for me.
I'm sure they'll be fine for what I need...*crosses fingers*

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Decision was taken out of my hands today. I needs shocks by 5/4 and Bilstein is backordered on one of the sets. No supplier had them. Stood at counter while she called several so I do believe.

Ended up going with Rancho's. They were more expensive, $114 vs $84 but they came down to $95 ea for me.
I'm sure they'll be fine for what I need...*crosses fingers*

you don't need to cross your fingers Evangeline !

you got a great shock put on your truck, I'm jealous

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Really Roy

*WHEW*!!!!!!!!

thank you for making me feel better. (I need to stick to gardening, canning, and sewing)...silly ol trucks anyway =)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Rancho's came stock on my 05 and I've been happy with them.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I outfitted all four corners of a Ranger with new shocks for less than $114 (less than $95, before sales tax) a few years back. :redface:

I think it's down at that price-point where you end up with really crappy shocks, though- not such a concern with a high-end name brand one.

Ford Truck Articles