Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

BigRob's 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Made me want to throw up.....Rob's Bronco is freakin immaculate and the fact that he takes such good care of it....then this!!! :headbang:

That's sad! Hopefully his insurance company will treat him right.

I wondered about this.....pretty standard on these 15+ year old rigs to get just liability!!!!! :headbang:

On a positive note (Rob, hope you don't mind...), remember my auto hubs:
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213779

Glad they're staying in the family! smilieFordlogo

that's real chitty!!!
Sorry to see that Rob, glad that you didn't get hurt, could have been real messy

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
That is freakin sad man.....Wishing you the Best Rob! I know how you feel man..In my younger days i was slammed in the rear by an uninsured Motorist.had to fight my own insurance company to make things right in short.

Ken quoted "I wondered about this.....pretty standard on these 15+ year old rigs to get just liability!!!!!"

Yes Ken this is true,because on a 10-15 yr old vehicle on the average scale is not cost effective to fully cover,In the case of a total loss they only pay a fair market value (blue book).Plus they want to get older vehicles off the road,and to put a rider on the policy skyrockets the premiums to unaffordable purportions for a common working family..its a catch 22 and they know it,and by law we are required at least liability coverage.Now the Classic insurance companies work totally different,but the vehicle has to be at least 25 yrs old or older.I have been through the mill with Auto insurance companies.the best advice i can give one is do not sign off on anything untill your satisfied with a settlement by your investments standards, if it is fully covered riders must be placed on all aftermarket items to cover them along with adequate coverage for an above average vehicle this is going to be costly but it will be coverd.Eventually they will pay,one way or another.Gap insurance on vehicle loans obtained through your financial institution,not the insurance company is another way to protect your investment when purchasing an older vehicle in the case you finance one and is more cost effective on the loan stand point.I highly advise anyone wether the vehicle is used or new to put gap insurance coverage on the loan,it will protect you from paying a payoff difference in case of a total loss.

Last edited:

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Always remember a vehicle depreciates the minute you drive it home,new or used.reguardless the condition of it.

Sorry to hear that Rob i know it sucks big time but i'm glad you're ok though as the assw**e could have shunted you off the road.

Thanks all for the comments... yeah, I only have liability...BuzzGun79 pretty much has the same reasoning as I do.

But, I just got Taxreliver's auto hubs in and will install tomorrow with the help of an FSB buddy.

I've been busy hammering out some of the dents.. it looks better now. Just got to find a bodyshop guy willing to do a side job on the cheap.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I've been wondering too.....hope the rig gets back to its original look if it hasn't already.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That looks like alot of filler. What made you go that route instead of new panels??? Still makes me sick.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like some nice trucks there...glad to see you got yours fixed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts