Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin's 1990 F-Superduty Build Thread

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I agree with Ben.

I enjoy working on cars, but not every single day. The thought of having a vehicle that breaks down every week absolutely annoyed me, as I get quite annoyed with re-occurring problems. So I made the decision to try and find something with low miles, a nice maintenance history, easy to work on, and still within my payment range. I got lucky and knew of a dealer who scopes the state looking for low mileage cars and trucks. So after looking at a few other dealer sites, I looked at their site and voila, I found my Ranger. Not only did it meet my criteria, but it was also a white Supercab Edge, a configuration I wanted since I wrecked my '00 Ranger. 2K down, $200 dollar a month payment deal and I was out the door driving my dream Ranger, happy as can be. Now, my entire paycheck goes towards the Ranger, be it the payment, maintenance, or gas. But in my case, it sure beats driving something that I have to fix every single week. And with 48K on the odo, it's not anywhere near the end of it's life.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Still got plenty of work to be had on the truck... Wrapping things up, though.

Cleaned up the fuel necks today. Note the before and after.

IMG_20110514_154551.jpg

Found this guy under the seat. Looks like it's been there for the life of the truck. Unfortunately, he didn't survive the removal process. Luckily, I'm secretly a member of the CIA! I'm gonna piece it together tomorrow.

IMG_20110514_165504.jpg

Oh, got a new family addition. My sister's new to her 03 v6 pony.

IMG_20110510_191054.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
BTW, with the stang, that makes 7 fords on the family compound. smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You can never have enough Fords smilieFordlogo

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Did you do the filler neck mod? That piece of paper should be your original spec sheet for your truck....that's a gem!

Thought about it, but didn't. I had pulled them while the bed was off.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Starting to look like a truck ladies and gents!

IMG_20110517_184123.jpg

Sanded the side of the bed down pretty far, and burned the edges down because I didn't like some of the imperfections. (I wet the side to show potential gloss.)

IMG_20110517_184136.jpg

IMG_20110517_184146.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Going hard core folk!

IMG_20110518_150430.jpg

Oh, don't piss me off - or I'll have to light you up!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Still gotta zero in the lights, but she's moving along.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
looks like things are moving along nicely. YelloThumbUp

Thanks! They're moving, but I want to be done... 3 months ago. I hate to rush, but I'd like it done before the big move.

Looks great man. Its always nice to see some one do a good job a restoring the pickups and not make a basket case out of it so definate thumbs up! What paint brand are you using?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks great man. Its always nice to see some one do a good job a restoring the pickups and not make a basket case out of it so definate thumbs up! What paint brand are you using?

Thanks! It's all about the tasteful mods.

The paint is Rustoleum Pro enamel. You can get it just about anywhere, even WalMart.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
As she sits today:

2011-06-03160155.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts