Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A little 8" gpack sound for you guys

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'll try to video mine. I can blow smoke over 2 lanes of highway if I try haha. I just laugh and add another quart of oil.

HAHAHAHAHA...you can't really see mine unless it gets couped up between me and another car at a stop light...or at night, you can see it in the lights of other cars.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds pretty good Ben!!!

I wish more people had car alarms around here so I could get a chuckle on my daily drives.

:rolleyes: Guess that I need to get off of my butt and get my Sandersons on so I can get my Magnaflows put on. I got a quote for $375 for 2.5" aluminized from the headers back, doesn't seem too bad.

I can hear the wife already, haha!!! Maybe the new sound of the truck will drown her out!!!

Thanks Lee. I keep waiting to hear a sound clip of those magnaflows...and I think Buck was leaning towards magnaflows and he wants to hear them too. As for the Sanderson's...if you don't want the hassle of of having to get a new exhaust and having to spend more money...I guess if you asked real nice, I'd be willing to take them. Seriously though...$375 for the pipe...you goin all the way back??? Behind the tires????? You could probably shave $100-150 off that if you exit before the tires.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Yeah, all the way behind the tires. The only way that I like 'em.

Although I contemplated going with fenderwells and then going duals out in front of the tires (lightning style).

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Thats about what my 72 was with glasspacks and 2 1/4 pipe out behind the rear tires. We also had them put a steering stabilizer on it and find out what the shimmy was at highway speeds. Ended up bein about 600 or so.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thats about what my 72 was with glasspacks and 2 1/4 pipe out behind the rear tires. We also had them put a steering stabilizer on it and find out what the shimmy was at highway speeds. Ended up bein about 600 or so.

HOOOOOLY crap $600...remind me to stick in the land of cheap parts and labor.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
im doin in fron of my rear tires when i redo my xhaust

I say go for it...I never did it until I did the Bronco...and now I don't think I'll go back. I think it looks meaner and sounds meaner. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna redo Red's this summer, but I've also been toying with the idea of just dumping it right behind the cab...dunno if that would be too much cab noise though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thats just cause they shook down the front end and re balanced the tires and put a steering stabilizer on there.

Geez still seems high to me...but I'm assuming by 'shook down the front end' you mean an alignment? If so...lemme do a break down of what that would cost here:

Exhaust behind the tires, labor and tips: $300
Stabilizer and labor: $45
Alignment and labor: $70
Balancing: $25

That still only comes to $440.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah I dont know what all they did but hes a fairly small buisness and hes the only good one thats local. That alignment also includes shimming the kingpins up on that closed knuckle front end. The front tires were in on the bottom a hair so he mustve fixed that cause it aint there no more.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds tinny and burpy to me Tex...but it doesn't sound like a Flow.

Yeah I dont know what all they did but hes a fairly small buisness and hes the only good one thats local. That alignment also includes shimming the kingpins up on that closed knuckle front end. The front tires were in on the bottom a hair so he mustve fixed that cause it aint there no more.

Well I'll be the first to say, you can't put a price on good labor. I'd rather pay more and know it's right, than pay $341 and get your rig back all effe'd up and have to fix it yourself anyway...and yes I'm still bitter.

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I think I'll have to exit before the tires. I have that 32 gal rear tank I put in my truck so I don't think the exhaust has any way to exit at the rear. No big deal though. I think dropping just behind the cab would be a little noisy in the cab, but don't know until you try.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think I'll have to exit before the tires. I have that 32 gal rear tank I put in my truck so I don't think the exhaust has any way to exit at the rear. No big deal though. I think dropping just behind the cab would be a little noisy in the cab, but don't know until you try.

Yeah...I bet that would be quite the challenge getting around that big ol' tank. Speaking of big ol tanks...I saw on JBG where they now have a 45 gallon tank that fits in stock location, downside is...it's $600+ as opposed to $200ish for a 32 gallon tank...I don't think 13 extra gallons is worth the extra 400 bones.

As for the exhaust Buck...I think in front of the tires is definitely cooler looking. The dumped exhaust...well, only reason I'd do that is to be even louder, but I think after the initial awe of it wore off, it would get annoying.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Yeah...I bet that would be quite the challenge getting around that big ol' tank. Speaking of big ol tanks...I saw on JBG where they now have a 45 gallon tank that fits in stock location, downside is...it's $600+ as opposed to $200ish for a 32 gallon tank...I don't think 13 extra gallons is worth the extra 400 bones.

As for the exhaust Buck...I think in front of the tires is definitely cooler looking. The dumped exhaust...well, only reason I'd do that is to be even louder, but I think after the initial awe of it wore off, it would get annoying.

The loudness of the exhaust is cool when you just cruise around and not driving on long trips or anything. That's another reason I'm going quieter. I remember in highschool when I had a 1970 Torino with straight pipes that exited in front of the tires out each side and it sounded frickin cool, but boy was it loud. But then, that's what I liked. I remember having to talk very loud when driving down the highboy especially with the windows down since I never had A/C.

A 45 gal tank would be huge. $600 is quite a bit just to get a bigger tank. I could see if it was a custom tank like mine.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I know what ya mean about talkin louder on the highway in a loud truck. My 76 is really loud and it has holes in the floors so it makes it louder in the cab.

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
My 78 had straight pipes in high school, and even dumping out the back, you couldn't talk at anything less than a yell on the interstate, much less hear your radio. Its got headers, 2.5" exhaust, and flows now, Ill post a video whenever my girl gets up to my house to make one for me. I think I'm gonna straight pipe it again though, as its not gonna be my dd much longer.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
OK here's mine, taken 5 mins ago. That's a 400 at 6k kids (Autometer verified)YelloThumbUp!

Mind you this is my current exhaust, 24" glasspacks. I took the video for a before and after. I plan to get the 14" (yikes!) Magnaflows on within the next couple of weeks.

I like how all of the dogs in the neighborhood are barking afterwards, my neighbors love me :rofl:!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts