Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 250 Upgrades

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I agree....you can pick those up at any hardware store, right?

Don't know about down there, but stainless button heads are not normally available at a typical hardware store...that is the case here as I have bought them many times

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The Amazon price is by far the best, I pay about .30c per for those that were listed first. You might want to find standard ones over metric...also, check how they (mirrors) are mounted now.

I think they either use a plastic insert or are lagged into the door....I will go and check from one of the mirror sets I have.

You may have to find nuts...if you do, use nyloks.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Leak help

Like Mark suggested, I crawled up on top of the engine and took a picture of the back end of the top here....not sure if it's what he was referring to, but it was all dry nonetheless:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The Amazon price is by far the best, I pay about .30c per for those that were listed first. You might want to find standard ones over metric...also, check how they (mirrors) are mounted now.

I think they either use a plastic insert or are lagged into the door....I will go and check from one of the mirror sets I have.

You may have to find nuts...if you do, use nyloks.

Duncan, on the nuts (if that's how it's mounted), do you get in there from the inside paneling?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Air cleaner help?

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Ken, use these awesome "Ford Racing" valve cover bolts!! Got mine from Jeg's :)

bolts_001.jpg

bolts_002.jpg

has the Ford oval on the top!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That seam just looks like a weld...you might want to go give it a degrease/powerwash and get some UV dye and a lamp.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Here ya go Ken....it is an imperial thread...and there are inserts on the factory installations:

20130816_151054_1_.jpg

20130816_151109_1_.jpg

20130816_151115_1_.jpg

20130816_151123_1_.jpg

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

I would take a look at the lower front portion of the engine, just above the oil pan. Leak could be the front main bearing seal, the oil pan, the spot where the dipstick tube fits into the oil pan(since that is a metal to metal seal), the fuel pump mounting, or a power steering pump leak. Those are hard to trace, since the fan tends to blow the oil backwards along the engine.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Looks like your retaining bracket for the dipstick tube is broken also. If you get a lot of movement on the dipstick tube, then you might be weeping oil out of the tube connection to the oil pan.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, use these awesome "Ford Racing" valve cover bolts!! Got mine from Jeg's :)

bolts_001.jpg

bolts_002.jpg

has the Ford oval on the top!

Nice. ....I like it. ...nice little upgrade. Thanks.

Sent from my not so smart phone.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts