Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

69 style sides?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Since i have be ripped apart from my beloved truck, i am despretly wanting another one.

But style sides are so hard to come by in these years.
So my question is.

Would it be possible to get a 69 f250 and pull the bed off then replace it with parts from a place like LMC?

Ive been searchin on craigslist for awhile now and i have seen exactly none go through....

Or does anybody know where i could get one? :D

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Don't see why not . There r several companies making the style side bed components for various years . I used a 78 longbed once and put older 68 fenders on it . Not right but looked the part

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I don't know for sure, but I'd venture a guess and say they likely don't..

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
:( well i know lmc makes the bed sides and fenders and the back piece, but what about the floor?
I could probably just fabricate one.

Anybody have any expierence with lmc and there sheet metal?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Well i lived in montana for 10 years, and that is where i got my 69 at....
When i moved to austin, i put the truck in storage as it was the middle of winter and it wasnt a good idea to try and do the passes with a 2wd plus my mom cant drive in snow.

So all is well i am keeping up todate on my payments...
I had a few conversations with the owner of the storage place and he liked the truck, i asked him if i could get a corner spot and if he could try and keep other people's crap away from it so it dont get jacked up and he said that was fine, well i guess he got crowded and he had a guy park a big 5th wheel camper trailer next to it, well after some time the guy gets behind and blah blah blah, well the camper catches on fire, falls and take the truck out with it...
The guy with the camper is responsible for the truck, but he cant be found... The storage place will not to jack about it, so basically im FAWKED... I have an old gf's dad workin on it for me, he is a lawyer so he is helpin me with it....

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well i lived in montana for 10 years, and that is where i got my 69 at....
When i moved to austin, i put the truck in storage as it was the middle of winter and it wasnt a good idea to try and do the passes with a 2wd plus my mom cant drive in snow.

So all is well i am keeping up todate on my payments...
I had a few conversations with the owner of the storage place and he liked the truck, i asked him if i could get a corner spot and if he could try and keep other people's crap away from it so it dont get jacked up and he said that was fine, well i guess he got crowded and he had a guy park a big 5th wheel camper trailer next to it, well after some time the guy gets behind and blah blah blah, well the camper catches on fire, falls and take the truck out with it...
The guy with the camper is responsible for the truck, but he cant be found... The storage place will not to jack about it, so basically im FAWKED... I have an old gf's dad workin on it for me, he is a lawyer so he is helpin me with it....
Damn man that sucks major donkey dong....!!! i'd be ready to start killing.

Damn man that sucks major donkey dong....!!! i'd be ready to start killing.

Yeah man, that totally sucks. Hopefully it turns out alright though, if that happened to me, I would wind up arrested....

Oh, and a styleside is a standard bed, Flareside is a stepside btw. :p

You have the corect term for he later ones...styleside. Fleetsides are the straight ones.

I don't use the cheby term of step sides. :(

Are you refering to the old style beds like mine? See sig line....

They make them in whole kits (short beds only). The long beds are a different size and not reproduced.

The beds are the same from 53-56 (which the kits are). The later beds are the same sheet metal up until 73, however, the holes in the sides where the fenders mount are higher on the later ones.

What you would need to do is contact the seller and see if the holes are predrilled or not. Some kits they and some they are not. If you buy a kit that is not drilled. Just drill them in the proper location for the later trucks.

I can give you a list of sellers, if you are interested. They start at around $1,500 for the new beds, supports, wood, strips, tailgate, etc. Plus shipping of course...depending on where you are and where you buy one.

One more note...the steel fenders were used on the stylesides up until 79. The beds were totally different though.

Hope that helps,
Brian

You do realize I am talking about a short bed right? The F-250 you mentioned should be a long bed. Those are not made anymore. The fenders are the same, but nothing else is. The sides are 1 3/4" taller. The whole thing is at least 4" wider (maybe 6") and it has small wheel tubs inside the bed. I have no clue how much longer it is. Anyway, I will send some info to you. Might take a bit...my internet is goofy tonight. I keep getting kicked off.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea i realize that, but it is a lead to start on, and yea mine was a long bed.

Its been awhile but i though LMC had some bed sides and what not for it....
I will have to do some research, this was just a question ive had and decided to finally ask it.
Thanks for the help brian!
much appreciated!

Ford Truck Articles