Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

69 style sides?

PM sent. I am not aware of any long bed sides, front, or tailgates being reproduced. They are going for high dollar for even rusted out ones because of that.

If I was just desperate, I would make my own front and bedsides. The tailgate...that would either be an expensive search or modifying an existing one. I have a really nice one that is the right height. It would need to be lengthened to be wide enough.

Another thing I just thought of: Our own 2nd and 3rd gen moderator has a 56. Most of his truck is new. I know the bed was bought new. You might ask him where he got it and what the shop thought of it that did his work.

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=13

That is Bob's profile. You can contact him that way.

I have not seen him around in a while (profile says 11-24-08). Hope all is well up there.

They are not nearly as popular as the short beds (they were not when new), but....since the short beds trucks are drying up...people are getting the long beds.

I assume he wants a long bed, but I have seen quite a few people chop the frames down to make short beds out of them.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
:( well i know lmc makes the bed sides and fenders and the back piece, but what about the floor?
I could probably just fabricate one.

Anybody have any expierence with lmc and there sheet metal?

The crossmebers r easy the floors r wood . Many kits to be had. Probably allready know that .

:( well i know lmc makes the bed sides and fenders and the back piece, but what about the floor?
I could probably just fabricate one.

Anybody have any expierence with lmc and there sheet metal?
They have pretty good stuff if you want to pay the price. Most the stuff from lmc is made in china and is not direct fit I would try browns truck parts they have alot of good quality stuff for a good price. And isnt a styleside like a stepside? I know those step side fords had the same bed from 1956 all the way to 1979.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles