Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5.0FLARESIDE Build Thread (56k WARNING)

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Oh.. it needs a camshaft alright:D

You wouldn't believe how much of a difference this one simple change makes, and your truck is all setup for it with 4.10 gears. That should be a roller motor as well so you only need the cam.. which would be the Comp 35-512-8 if I were suggesting. This is a hugh jump over stock but it's still not that radical in the big scheme of things and won't upset the EFI system, so the truck should run like stock except that it'll make a ton more HP.

I'm gonna hold off on a cam till I put another 302 together for it

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I thought the Mexican blocks were sought after for their nickel content, not the webbings?

Chris, I have a 93 Cobra lower and Exploder upper intake sitting in the shed that I was gonna use on my Flare but I never did....Let me make sure I have all the pieces if you're interested.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I thought the Mexican blocks were sought after for their nickel content, not the webbings?

Chris, I have a 93 Cobra lower and Exploder upper intake sitting in the shed that I was gonna use on my Flare but I never did....Let me make sure I have all the pieces if you're interested.

If he isn't interested I am.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
That is cool i have been following along because a lot of what you are doing applies to my truck also.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts