Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

5.0FLARESIDE Build Thread (56k WARNING)

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Clean truck, but imho too much white...
Needs some accent color to really make it pop....

Of course this is just my opinion...

Any way you cut the cake its still a clean truck.... Looks good Chris.

that grille really looks great now. I think the white looks good with blacked out tailights. the msd parts look good, maybe some chrome valve covers now?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Grill pics...

088-1.jpg

IMG_20120228_105931.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks good. Now I want to take pictures of my truck in a cemetery.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Looks good. Now I want to take pictures of my truck in a cemetery.

It's a different look...

the older one is the one where my dad's side of the family is burried in.. the one thats newer, is here in smyrna, and it's where one of my best friends from highschool are burried unfortunatly.. she passed away right after high school in a car accident..

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
i've discovered the cause of a little bit of top end noise on cold start ups.. believe its due to a worn timing chain. so that will also be happening here soon.. maybe a camshaft and lifters to if needed...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^If you're that far in...may as well go ahead and do it. With as good of a truck as it is...I don't think I'd go too radical seeing as it's your dd.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
^^^If you're that far in...may as well go ahead and do it. With as good of a truck as it is...I don't think I'd go too radical seeing as it's your dd.

im most definatly not.. its gonna be a very small cam..

for the reason of it is a DD..

and also i may not do a camshaft.. it may just stay stock.. but idk yet.. thats something i'll think over and decide later..

maybe a camshaft and lifters to if needed...
Oh.. it needs a camshaft alright:D

You wouldn't believe how much of a difference this one simple change makes, and your truck is all setup for it with 4.10 gears. That should be a roller motor as well so you only need the cam.. which would be the Comp 35-512-8 if I were suggesting. This is a hugh jump over stock but it's still not that radical in the big scheme of things and won't upset the EFI system, so the truck should run like stock except that it'll make a ton more HP.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts