Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

400 to 460 (Finally!!!) (56K warning)

I ran it a couple days ago. fired it up, ran it for a few seconds, and shut it off to check oil. Fired it back up, and noticed fuel on manifold. Shut motor off, and secondaries kept filling up, faster then butterflies could allow the fuel too drain. So now the carb is off at a buddy of mines shop (ASE mechanic) so he can figure it out. So whenever that comes back is when it runs. Side bar, Holy CHIT! 460+closed building+open 3" manifolds= ears bleeding!!!

You have no clue how uncontrollably p****d i would be. lol

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Pics/vids or it didn't happen...haha. Congrats though.

Well with my primitive carb tuning abilities, not to bad. Gotta get it tuned and exhaust on it. Then its on the road

Well its too loud to run on the street, especially at 8 at night, but it sounds like its powerful. lol. Ill find out tomorrow how long until i have to buy a new set of rears though.

Drove it tonite just down the street with my old exhaust from the 400. Doesnt fit right, but it quieted it down a bit. WOW. Lots of power. After a proper tuning, this thing is gunna be dangerous.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds good man. Just remember, take a vid running open exhaust and then one with the right exhaust hung.

Oh it does a good burn out, but i have no video camera. 'smiliedoh'

Its goin tomorrow for exhaust. Im thinkin 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 to 10 or 12 inch g-packs. Then out the sides at a 45 degree angle. If i can afford it, ill go out behind the wheel. if not, then in front of it

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh it does a good burn out, but i have no video camera. 'smiliedoh'

Phone...or a digital camera that will take a video? Have a friend, relative, bum on the street with one? For God sakes man, you're gonna cause us to have a breakdown...haha.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Its goin tomorrow for exhaust. Im thinkin 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 to 10 or 12 inch g-packs. Then out the sides at a 45 degree angle. If i can afford it, ill go out behind the wheel. if not, then in front of it

You say it's a mild build right? I'd still go 2.25". 12" gpacks should sound veeeeeery nice...still set off car alarms at WOT, but keep the neighbors happy in the morning. Funny how having the exhaust go behind the tires adds an extra couple hundred isn't it?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
It was only 20 bucks more for the 72. That has 2 1/4 duals with some cheap long glasspacks that were too big to run em in front of the rear tires.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts