Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

400 Pictures

Here is the motor im trading for I hope.What you think?

IMGP1535.jpg

IMGP1533.jpg

IMGP1534.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn Tony...that's what the engine looks like. I'm kinda jealous. You know how many miles are on it...any go fast goodies? Remember if it falls through, I want it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds good...as you get more details...be sure to post them. And don't forget to keep an ear out for me.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Here is the motor im trading for I hope.What you think?

IMGP1535.jpg

IMGP1533.jpg

IMGP1534.jpg

Looks decent. Could look like a $100 dollar bill on the outside though, it's what's inside that counts. Unless you're planning a rebuild? A 351 can easily turn into a 400 at the time of sale.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks decent. Could look like a $100 dollar bill on the outside though, it's what's inside that counts. Unless you're planning a rebuild? A 351 can easily turn into a 400 at the time of sale.

Do you always have to look at the glass half empty???? HAHAHAHAHA

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Do you always have to look at the glass half empty???? HAHAHAHAHA

when it comes to people selling things and my wallet...........yes.

The intake does look very new though.

Here is the spec on the camshaft has 282*/292* duration .484”/.510”
horse power right at 300 hp and torque over 400 ft lbs. Replacement pistons should give about 8.0 to 1 compression.And he says the motor has around 5000 mile since the rebuild.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If all that is true...it sounds pretty nice indeed Tony.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
i sit there wondeing who is drinkin out of my glass, cuz i aint drank that much
:p

Evaporation????? Crack in the glass??? Nobody peed in it like they normally do??

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wonder what size carb I will have to run on it?Anyone have any idea?

If the internals are stock...go 600cfm...if the internals are at least mildly built...go in the 650-670cfm range.

run a 600 cfm carb if your are not planning to do anythin g to it, but i bet you have a cool plan for it, use a 650-700 cfm carb, it will work nice now and better later...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Figure I'll get up some pics of my 'new' 400. Keep in mind, this was just a swap in, and the paint wasn't as much for making it purdy, as it was to add some color:

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

Oh yeah...anyone know where I can get one of those filters that goes into the valve cover? I'd need mine for the passenger side rear, so I'd need to double check clearance with the air box...but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Hell, if you know what size the hole in the VC is, lemme know, that would help. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts