Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

302 Cam

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
with the .522 lift i wouldn't be able to run that cam on my truck since it's got 1.7 rr's would I?wHOA LOOK AT THAT PRICE......

EDIT: the 35-349-8 looks a little freindlier toward my application with a .512 lift...plus it has longer duration than the Lunati cam....

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
yepp that comp cam one will work gr8 with yours EFI .. the lunati is best for my app :)

can you run it chek how many HP the lunati will give and torque?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Under single plane I'm gettin 370@391 dual plane is ALOT lower....if you used shorty headers with open exhaust (ie glasspacks) you'd bump it up to 381 HP@ 400 torque

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
im going with dual plane and longtube with cutouts so i will open them when i need the power.. dang thats allot..

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
From what i can see in making some changes on carbed or EFI...you get more HP with the carb but mor torque with the EFI...the EFI only bumps the torque up to 405 but the HP drops to 350

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
why is with dual plane the number lower ?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
no idea....probably something to do with the fuel dispersement with the intakelook at it this way....with the single you've got 4 barrels feeding all the holes...with a single you've got 2 barrels feeding half and 2 feeding the other half...if that makes sense.....

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
2732475196_a50aa707c7_o.jpg

Is this an accurate dyno simulation of a factory ford 5.0 cam?If it is.....then the 35-349-8 cam (according to the Desktop dyno) will only boost me around 20 hp and 6 lb/ft.

Last edited:
Yes that's as accurate as it gets for an EFI motor, a carb intake may do a bit better. The numbers you guys are throwing around in the last few posts are pure wishfull thinking, the GT40 heads simply don't flow enough to make 400hp no matter what cam you put in there.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
lol i tought so.. i think the engine will make about 225-250Hp @ rear wheels..

a stock 5.0Ho mustang with GT40's and a E303 cam makes about 260Hp at rear wheels..

The 5.0HO motor itself is well documented and on the stand with either the EFI or carb intake and longtubes it makes on average 275hp and 320 ft lbs TQ at the crank. Add GT40 heads and a bit more cam and crank HP goes to about 325.
Automatic drivelines will consume 20% so that means 260hp to the ground, which fits beautifully with all the dyno sheets you see floating around the web.

The graphs I posted show HP a bit low.. but so what. You can fiddle with the settings a bit and get numbers that mimic the widely accepted data, but that doesn't prove anything. The graphs can still be considered to be an accurate prediction of the differences the cams will produce, as long as it is the only thing changed from one simulation to the next.

Last edited:
Had my truck out for another rip last night looking at data from the tuner. The last time I was at the shop for a sniffer test the A/F ratios were really rich, so I installed the wideband sensor I have and wired it into the factory harness to supply the computer. Much better, A/F ratios now come back to between 14 and 15:1 in closed loop. Looks like I need a new O2 sensor. I also installed a new-to-me TV cable on the truck because the one I had was broken... got this on a scrapyard trip on Saturday along with a bunch of other stuff. After all this I make a few WOT runs out on a deserted piece of road and I get the motor all the way to 5000rpm before it shifts.. probably due to the TV cable being set slightly different. That produced 282HP and 343ft-lbs TQ at the crank according to the tuner software.. which is right where the motor should be based on widely available data. It's also spooky close to the prediction DesktopDyno came up with.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
nice man..

can you make a vido of the truck idling and ripping?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i ordered my costum cam..

this is the specs

Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 218
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 224
Duration at 050 inch Lift: 218 int./224 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration: 270
Advertised Exhaust Duration: 276
Advertised Duration: 270 int./276 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.512 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.512 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.512 int./0.512 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees): 110

its basicly the 35-351-8 cam with a lower LSA 4 degrees lower

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts