Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2004 Bronco concept??

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
its great at desert running...

And what else?

I can't wait for the Raptor to die.I agree with Ben,it's a fad.Ford just tapped into something nobody else did before,so the public just has to have one.I guarantee if everyone had one,they'd be unpopular.It's all about Economics.If they only release a small amount of an item,demand goes up.When demand goes up,they are able to raise the price,and still be able to sell them.If they weren't in high demand right now in certain areas,I bet they'd go for about $30,000.

IMO,Ford should ditch the Raptor,and bring back the Bronco.I'd much rather have a Bronco than the Raptor.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
its great at desert running...

And who in their right mind buys a 50k truck to thrash in the desert? I will guarantee you, there are guys over on FSB in to Broncospeed, that dropped 2k in to a Bronco and another 15k in parts that would run circles around the Raptor...and they saved 30k in the process. And it's not even really a difference in purpose built vs. poser street rig, because most of the Broncospeeds are in fact streetable. If you buy a raptor simply to go play in the sand, you're an idiot.

Yes...I agree the Raptor is a cool factory rig, but once the novelty wears off...it's not so cool anymore IMO.

Ok this thread totally got sidelined on the Raptor but I'm going with it lol.

Saw a couple running around here and they're cool and all...pretty lights at night yay whatever...I'm not spending $50k on a truck with power that low...they put out like what less than 340 hp?? Eff that. All that hype and nothing under the hood.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Ok this thread totally got sidelined on the Raptor but I'm going with it lol.

Saw a couple running around here and they're cool and all...pretty lights at night yay whatever...I'm not spending $50k on a truck with power that low...they put out like what less than 340 hp?? Eff that. All that hype and nothing under the hood.

the 5.4 may put that little out but the 6.2 is 400 at the engine and right around 360 at the wheels...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
the 5.4 may put that little out but the 6.2 is 400 at the engine and right around 360 at the wheels...

Holy chit...only 10% parasitic loss, that's incredible considering most autos are in the 20-30% range.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
yeah I wanna see a reference link for that info lol

Agreed...and if it is closer to the 20-30% power loss, a little food for thought, Red's engine was setup for $3k and puts 342 to the ground. After 30 years of technological advancements and 50k, I'd expect a little more to come out of my 'race ready' rig.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
key words i said right around!!!

im using the reference of the 2011 mustang dyno numbers. it stock at the engine is 412, and it dynos around 370 at the wheels or so...

well now that i think bout it.... that mightve been a manual......

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts